Speed Triple 1050 2006 low revs cutting out...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GemWells32, Jul 23, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GemWells32

GemWells32 New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Hi, am posting for my computer phobic Dad who is distraught at the fact he cannot ride his Speed triple... below is note he left me to post...help me help the old man out!!
    ;)
    I recently got my Speed Triple serviced and when it came back the tick over kept increasing up to 3000 revs + so I took it back to mechanic who fitted a new idle air control valve. But now it has a very low tick over below 1000 revs and keeps cutting out. mechanic then put new vacuum pipes, temp sensor, synced the throttle bodies, reset the TPS, reset the adaptives, reset idle air control valve, changed map back to original map & sensor. Still no improvement and I cannot use the bike...Help anyone??

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Can I ask is this a Triumph Mechanic as he seems to have done a great deal of work to the bike with very little improvement.

What part of the UK is your father in as one of us may be able to suggest someone who actually might be able to resolve this issue without changing the whole bike.

Cheers

Steve