speed four engine temperature

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ren, Jul 14, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ren

ren Member

Jul 10, 2013
    wigan
    Hi All,
    Can anyone tell me the temp at which the radiator fan should kick in? I recently bought a triumph speed four, but in this hot weather it seems to overheat with coolant spilling on floor.
    The temp gets to 107c before fan kicks in, is that too high?:upyeah:

2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    The old SIII didn't show the actual temp - just a display of bars but when I filled the coolant expansion chamber to the indicated levels it used to piss out coolant. Apparently this was a common thing but it always got to a level it was happy with.I'm sorry but I'm n expert with what the real engine temp should be but when you think about what's going on in there 107 doesn't seem to be too excessive?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ren

ren Member

Jul 10, 2013
    wigan
    Thank you brybrem,
    I've been worried all weekend, but after speaking to a few bike people, it may be common with triumphs to run high. I will keep my eye on it.
    Happy riding.
    :upyeah:

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Brybrem is right about the coolant level on the Speed Triple not sure it's the same on the Speed Four; asked my dealer to top up my coolant as it was on minimum but they said if you put any more in it just comes out.

Fans used to kick in on my previous Ducati 1200 MTS at around 107c but I guess that's not much help:rolleyes: only a bar gauge on the current Speed Trip and the fan is in three quarters of the way up

5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #5 Screwball, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  6. ren

ren Member

Jul 10, 2013
    wigan
    Thank you all, for you much apreciated advice:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    As screwball said I would get it on Tune ecu and change the temp it kicks in at. I lowered mine by a few degrees at the start of the summer

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spudda

Spudda Member

May 2, 2012
    Penn, Nr Wolverhampton
    102 before the fans kick in on my 'Tona

Didn't know that :upyeah: Everyday's a school day