Tiger 800 Sorted my Tiger 800 screen probs with a Madstad

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by cliverdee, Apr 30, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi, have posted a couple of threads about windnoise / windblast and the general discomfort at anything over 55mph due to what has proved to be the unsuitable Triumph windscreen on my 2014 Tiger 800ABS. Am pleased to say after lots of research and not least the helpful advice on the forum, that its sorted having fitted a Madstad screen to the bike last week. I got the 20" Explorer screen and after experimenting with lots of different positions for height & rake have got it just right. I'm 6ft, normally proportioned and have the screen about the half way mark heightwise with the rake following the line of the forks. I surprised myself at seeing the speedo reading 70mph and realising I still had my visor up with no discomfort or wind blast at all... excellent and just what I had been wanting to achieve.
    To recap on the problem I got the Tiger last October with the adjustable Triumph screen, fully believing 'it must work' as its a stock item for the bike. It didn't !!...and despite changing to a Schuberth S2 helmet and with moulded earplugs having an attenuation of 36dbs at the higher windnoise frequencies, the noise and blast was still uncomfortable. I changed to a Shuberth C3 Pro as the flip front solved the problem of my eye glasses steaming up as soon as the S2 was on my head... and although the C3 has a bit better noise reduction it was still unsatisfactory as clearly the Triumph screen was blatting the airflow right at my upper body and helmet no matter which position it was in. So...to anyone with the same problems I would suggest the Madstad screen is the answer. Incidentally I got the it from HPS in Alfreton Derbyshire UK who not only knew their product ranges inside out, but were extremely pleasant and helpful both over the phone and in person, so worth a call if you want advice.

2. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Some of shots of the Madstad clear 20" Explorer screen. Its set about half way up the height adjustment and I put the side wind deflectors on that come with the screen although not sure I'll keep them on as they direct the air down onto your thighs... bit cold at this time of year

024.JPG

017.JPG

027.JPG

3. Dr Ron

Dr Ron New Member

Nov 25, 2015
    RALEIGH, NC...USA
    Sweet! I just ordered the 18" clear "Adventure" screen set-up, it has slightly wider bottom half dimensions..can't wait to put it on my new to me 2014! -Dr Ron

• Like Like x 1