Sorning Your Vehicles (uk)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by johne, Mar 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Usually at this time of year many of us are dusting our bikes out of the garage in preparation for the coming riding season and getting Road tax and MOT's sorted out. I find myself in the unusual position of having taxed my Thruxton back at the start of February, I've decided to SORN it before the start of April to save a few quid on the road tax. I was going to get my Tuono MOT'd next week and subsequently taxed, but as we all know due to the Corona virus threat, thats all gone out of the window. We are in the fortunate position to have two cars and I had thought about SORNing one of those but I'll keep them both road legal for now. SOD's law says if I was to take the tax off one the other would develop a fault. Lol.

So as its nearly the end of March, if you want to save a few quid on road tax you probably won't be using (on bikes anyway) get those SORN applications in people. Stay safe everyone and lets hope we have enough summer weather left after this virus pandemic has evaporated to get some quality time out and about on two wheels

2. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I'm keeping my bikes on the road.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Me too. Well one for the moment and another one probably in May now. Plus if our September trip to Spain gets wiped out but we can travel later on, I might be tempted to ride down to Southern Spain to make up.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That sounds like fun. Do you think we can transfer the ferry? If we can I would be up for the ride. I think most if not all the hotels are pay on departure, so we should be able to cancel them all without any cost.

6. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well I reckon if this virus problem isn't sorted by the time we're due to sail the ferry company will have to either reimburse or rebook us. What I'm wondering at the moment is what they'll do when the balance is due( I think in July ?) Perhaps we should be discussing this in the appropriate thread nearer the time ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Yeah but, the rules might change, under the circumstances.

8. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    just renewed my insurance all bikes ready to go as soon as we get the nod. I was lucky enough to get a 130 mile run round the lakes last Monday. it was great never known the roads so quiet apart from when England did half decent in a world cup LOL

9. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    just renewed my insurance all bikes ready to go as soon as we get the nod. I was lucky enough to get a 130 mile run round the lakes last Monday. it was great never known the roads so quiet apart from when England did half decent in a world cup LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep I agree Andy, let’s have the conversation a bit closer to the time the balance is due. I have same problem with a cruise the wife and I are booked on for July, the balance of circa £5k is due in the next couple of weeks. I guess will have to pay it and hope that a credit is offered if it does not sail. Tough times at the moment all round....