765 Soon To Be New Owner!

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dan Brown, Apr 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Apr 23, 2021
    Essex
    Good Morning all,

Currently an owner of a 2007 650 Bandit, soon to be entering the world of 765 street triple RS.

Buying used, so wondered what if any things I need to be looking out for when shopping around, what are the known issues?

Thanks so much in advance.

Dan

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Welcome to the forum Dan :) what a bike your getting! It'll feel like a proper thoroughbred after the bandit :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Welcome and congratulations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Welcome in to the madhouse

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, enjoy your new ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Norman Dickenson

Norman Dickenson New Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Unless you seriously expect to be racing you should consider the
    Street Triple R and save a lot of money. The R is certainly capable of
    causing you to have to change underwear frequently and is nearly
    ready for racing itself off the shelf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Apr 23, 2021
    Essex
    Thanks guys, cant wait, as mentioned sure will be an upgrade over the Bandit, be nice to have something that doesn't weigh a metric ton! :)

As for the R over the RS.. It sounds mad but this will probably be the only "decent" bike I will buy in the next 10-15 years (about to buy house / start family etc) and I really don't want to ever be out on the R see and RS and be like bug*er wish I had bought one of them now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Welcome. Nothing wrong with paying a few bucks more to get the best tires suspension and brakes. About every motorcycle is more bike than you need, until you need it. I'm an old phart (62) and like to avoid the scene of an accident whenever possible, by having the best tires, suspension and brakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Apr 23, 2021
    Essex
    Yeah that's it, cant skimp on the things you rely on to potentially save your life

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Dan and a warm welcome to the forum, I have owned both the Street Triple R and 2 RS, bought one in new in September 2019 and then another in September 2020, the 2020 onwards have the up and own quickshifter, connectivity, different gear ratios and more mid range, 5 rider modes Etc Etc, I would definitely recommend the RS, you won't regret it, opt for the R and you may wish you had paid a little extra for the RS, it also has Ohlins rear suspension and Showa BPF up front all fully adjustable. Good luck with whatever model you decide on. Ride safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Dan and a warm welcome to the forum, I have owned both the Street Triple R and 2 RS, bought one new in September 2019 and then another in September 2020, the 2020 onwards has the up and down quickshifter, connectivity, different gear ratios with more mid range, 5 rider modes Etc Etc, I would definitely recommend the RS, you won't regret it, opt for the R and you may wish you had paid a little extra for the RS, it also has Ohlins rear suspension and Showa BPF up front all fully adjustable. Good luck with whatever model you decide on. Ride safe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Welcome finally to the world of cool.

Be prepared to fight off all the admirers you will now surely get.

Just remember to be humble and treat them with respect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Apr 23, 2021
    Essex
    In Fairness, the Bandit I currently ride gets lots of looks... by people who don't know bikes obviously... they just like the colour... and sound :)