Featured Some Guitar Players, Lovers, Addicts?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Hubaxe, Nov 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    Despite knocking on a bit I've still retained mine. It's cost effective in both barbers bills and a really cheap way of pissing people off :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Me too had to use a hair drier; But I don't miss it, Honest:rolleyes:
    saw Wishbone Ash at the Glasgow Apollo, Rory at Green's playhouse, those were the days

• Like Like x 1
  3. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    I play Bass guitar. I have twenty of them. But my six favorites are my 1962 Fender Jazz Bass, my white Gibson Thunderbird, my G&L L2500, My Hofner 500/1, my Fender P Bass, my Gibson Midtown bass. I really need a band to play in also.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Nice collection! I only have about 5, but my ‘09 Fender P (Highway 1) is definitely my favorite.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    A 62 Jazz bass ! wow. To me the Jazz Bass is the mother of all the bass, I prefer the JB to the precision by far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Highway one are really good. Fender came back to basis with quality and price.
    Highway one became later "American Special", and now "American performer" but basically are affordable musician workhorse. I have an American Special Strat I bought in Rockford IL guitar center. That guitar was better than strats 3 times more expensive. As I later noticed the end of the serial number, I thought that one was really special :imp:
    CIMG1427.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Melvin Pritchard's aunty was the drummer in BJH? I don't remember that! :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Yes that piss me off...... Before, now .. :joy::joy::joy::joy:
    hair.JPG

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Two legends, one on double shovel!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I still have hair, but not quite the length I used to have...
    I’m in a pub rock band, I have more enthusiasm than talent but I have fun.

I’ve got 7 guitars currently, my main squeeze is a PRS513 10 top that I bought after getting a small inheritance... it reminds me of my grandparents and is unsellable... this is the guitar I regret selling the most though, a Baja tele, it just played nicely and was pretty versatile.

41340527-9B06-404B-AD36-FDD852E1CE3F.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  11. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    If i treat myself to a proper tele it'll be something very similar to that

• Like Like x 2
  12. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    Thank you,
    My 1962 Fender Jazz is one of my best sounding basses and my favorite basses between that one and my White Gibson Thunderbird with an ebony fretboard. It starting to turn kind of, into an antique white these days it's about fifteen years old and the neck is finally stable and settled in. Which took years. But it's stable now. Same with my Fender also. I love having the stacked knobs, that came stock with it. A tone control for each pickup, is nice to have. The nice thing about also it, is that I have the ashtrays wrapped up and put away. But they where never put on it, at all. So there's no holes on the body and it's sunburst too. But it took forever for that neck to settle in though. Now it won't move unless you adjust the truss rod. No need to do that, the neck is just fine with nice low action too.

• Like Like x 3
  13. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

The bassist who used to play in our band got so depressed about his poor timing, he threw himself behind a train.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    I couldn't agree more. It's darn near impoable
    I have some really nice basses for sell, because I have just to many, that I don't play anymore and they're high end basses also. I have two real ESP's that are made in their custom shop in, Japan. That one is a five string with Duncan PAF pickups and a Duncan preamp in it. That one is a five string bass and cost me 2,700 bucks, seven or eight years ago. I also have a four string ESP bass that's made in japan also. It has a real thin neck on it, like an Ibanez SR 5000 and USA Duncan pickups with a Duncan preamp on it too. They're both called E-IIs, they came with hardshell cases to. There very nice basses too. But I just never play them much anymore. If I want to play five string, I tend to always goto my 1996 G&L L2500 bass. I really dig playing that bass also. These day though I tend to go for my Hofner 500/1, or my 62 Jazz, my Thunderbird, G&L my Gibson Midtown, or my natural Gibson red SG short scale bass or that LakLand 44-64 bass which has an awesome fretboard. But I'm not all that happy with the pickups, so I might swap them out for some Barts.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    That's not a good thing at all.

16. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
  17. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
  18. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    T
    That's what I've heard. But, I've also been told that they sound really good to though.

19. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    Got to go fix Breakfast, for my ninty year old mother.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Richard Jolly

Richard Jolly Member

Nov 11, 2020
    CA.
    That I feel, depends on how you have it set up and the tone woods that you use.