Solved: Longer Clutch Cable For 2018 Tiger Xca 800

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wizzkey, Sep 6, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wizzkey

wizzkey New Member

Sep 14, 2020
    York, PA, USA
    I purchased Rox 2" handlebar risers and the clutch cable is too short to accommodate the increased distance of the handlebars. (Other cables may also be too short, but the clutch cable definitely is too short.) I'm having trouble finding a replacement clutch cable to give me the extra couple of inches I need. Any recommendations?

2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I know Venhill can make up custom cables but they don't come cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Venhill supplied me a new twin throttle cable +50mm for £55 ish after I fitted 765 handlebars to a 675.
    Check out their website as there is a drop down menu with alternative lengths. Tick the additional length box and then another menu pops up, mm or inches etc. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. wizzkey

wizzkey New Member

Sep 14, 2020
    York, PA, USA
    For anyone following along:

The clutch cable can be re-routed easily, and then there is plenty of clutch cable length for bar risers.

As for bar diameter and cable lengths: at the bottom of roxspeedfx.com, there's a link to a page that says Fitment Charts. From there, choose the motorcycle page, find the bike, and you'll find the instructions concerning cable. For the 2018 Tiger 800 XC, the handlebar diameter is 1 1/8"

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1