Sold - Speed Triple R Dark - 2018 - For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mark McDaniel, Sep 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    I have put my email in the listing for any genuine interested buyers.

2. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    Still no one buy Triumphs on a Triumph site.

3. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    This thing is still for sale?!?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    Looks like it.

5. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Can't understand why its so hard to sell, in my opinion it should go quickly (if the price is right). There aren't may outside the UK either, so try and put it up on ebay. I know Brexit makes it harder to export, but its an option.

6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I would find out what price they go for in a dealers and price yours about 1k less, if you price it close to what a dealer would sell it for you will struggle to sell it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    9.5 k at a dealer with just under 5k miles so maybe ask about 8.5k to sell ???

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #48 Dougie D, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    if they are going for 9.5k at a dealers, i would be prepared to accept 8k,still advertise it at 8.5k though. my Speed Triple was the only bike i couldn't sell privately, ended up part ex it for the GS,a mate of mine tried selling his 19 plate speed triple for about a year ,he was wanting close to what they were in the dealers though, he ended up dropping the price by 2k to sell it.. still better than selling it to a dealer though

9. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #49 Mark McDaniel, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Yes. Thats what i done. This is listed ono for that reason as no one pays asking price. Ill just keep it untill someone whats to pay what its worth.

10. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    No thanks. This has only 500 miles on. I have had dealers offer 8500.sensible offers above 9k are welcome

11. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe

12. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe

13. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #53 Mark McDaniel, May 15, 2021
    Thanks, but ill keep it, as not gunna give it away, as dont need to.
    Sensible offers above 9k are welcome and just updated listing to reflect that.

500 miles on, as new as you can get and only 50 in circulation.

14. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    The difficulty with any limited edition bikes is 'just that', to put it in in some context, if any part of the bodywork got damaged(plastics/tank) then getting replacement parts becomes more difficult (and very expensive). Most people just do not want limited edition models that are made in very small numbers, yes we are all different and I like others do appreciate the aesthetics on Limited Edition bikes, however many of us tend to go for standard and save a lot of money. I know a young rider who had a limited edition Street Triple 675 (8 Ball Paint commissioned by Triumph), he dropped it against his pebble dashed house wall, it scratched the paintwork on the tank and side panels, it was written off due to the high cost of a repaint by 8 Ball. You have to be realistic in what people will be prepared to pay. You obviously want to sell it otherwise I doubt you would have listed it, if a dealer has offered you £8500 I would "rip their arm off". You only have to look at how a new Speed Triple RS is being discounted at present, with extras thrown in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #55 Mark McDaniel, May 15, 2021
    I take it you not interested then.
    Not really any need for talking down my sale and putting others off, is there.?

16. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    No I bought another new RS in Sept 2020

17. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    Great Bikes. So why you feel the need to sabortage my sale then.

18. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I was offering some constructive dialogue as to why I believe your machine is not selling, no one on the forum would sabotage any members sale, what I believe is that members offer constructive observations, based upon knowledge and experience. I have asked forum members for their advice at times on a range of motorcycle related matters and received helpful advice. Sometimes people get a figure in their heads and it sticks, and then they can become slightly intransigent with flexibility, often we look back retrospectively and think differently. It's like anything in life something is only worth what a person will be prepared to pay. My intention was to point out my thoughts on why you have had no takers to date, nothing more than that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  19. Mark McDaniel

Mark McDaniel Member

Nov 29, 2018
    newthorpe
    #59 Mark McDaniel, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    You werent being constructive at all. I wasnt asking for advice.
    You are not even interested in buying so why deliberately sabortage my listing with your un needed words.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Billybobs

Billybobs New Member

May 16, 2021
    Worcester
    I think it's a fantastic looking bike and surprised it hasn't sold, maybe needs a wider audience, eBay, none trader etc? my only comment about 'holding on' is that most vehicles depreciate over time, so holding on just means in real term's it's getting more expensive. Although with inflation rising maybe news ones will go up sharply and drag up used

• Agree Agree x 1