Sold - 2018 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 Rs - Immaculate + Carbon Parts + Austin Racing Exhaust

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by MrTriple, Sep 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    This is my absolutely immaculate Speed Triple RS that I've owned since it was registered at the end of March 2018. It's only covered 3,790 miles and it's in both perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition.

For sale at £10,450

Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_1.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_2.jpg
    (more photos in the next post)

My RS has always been garaged, not used over the winter – and it's only been in the rain once. As such, there's no corrosion at all and the paintwork and mechanical parts are gleaming.

All maintenance has been performed by East London Triumph, up to and including the two-year service in June 2020 (performed a little late due to lockdown restrictions). The Brembo brake pad recall was carried out at this time (so it has new front pads), and the Quick Shifter linkage arm replacement was done as a pre-emptive measure in October 2019, way ahead of the official recall. The service book is stamped, I have all invoices, receipts and paperwork and the MOT isn't due until the end of March 2021. All keys are present.

The rear tyre was replaced (after a puncture) with a Supercorsa SP V3 and has 90% tread remaining; the front V2 tyre has another millimetre to go before it will need replacing (I also have a spare used front tyre if you want it).

The pillion pegs have been removed (and the bolt holes blanked) but they're included, together with the pillion seat.

I've fitted a whole host of premium parts that make the bike stand out from the crowd – but in a subtle 'factory' way. The overall finish is very high quality.

The carbon parts are all 'plain weave' to match the standard Triumph carbon front mudguard and side cowls. The Austin Racing exhaust is a work of art and sounds glorious - perfectly acceptable with the baffle in, and an amazing deep growl with it out.

Removing the twin Arrow cans and pegs, saves 7.65kg, really enhances the handling, and the suspension has subsequently been professionally tuned for a 75kg rider.

The full spec is as follows:

Standard features
    - Ohlins front and rear suspension
    - TFT display and keyless ignition
    - Brembo front ABS brakes
    - Brembo MCS 19:21 levers
    - Carbon front mudguard
    - Carbon side cowls

Triumph parts
    - Datatool alarm (bypassed at present but simple to re-instate)
    - Shift Assist (up/down)
    - CNC Brake reservoir - rear
    - CNC Brake reservoir - front
    - Clutch cable guide - grey
    - Triumph small bar-end mirrors
    - Fork protectors
    - Frame protectors
    - LED slimline indicators
    - Carbon fuel tank infills

Other premium parts
    - Austin Racing GP3 cat-back exhaust: GP1 Titanium Can (TR53 - 170mm) + GP1R Black Ceramic Tip
    - Conquest Carbon hugger
    - Conquest Carbon chain guard
    - CarbonFBR tail light surround
    - CarbonFBR heat shield
    - Oberon Performance CNC alloy fuel cap
    - R&G engine case sliders (L&R)
    - Evotech tail tidy (with 8 x 6 numberplate)
    - Evotech radiator guard
    - Evotech oil cooler guard
    - Pillion blanking bolts
    - Halogen blue/white lamps
    - Denali sound bomb mini
    - Optimate lead

The cost of all these extra bits is in the region of £3,000, but I believe I've set a reasonable sale price, so please consider what's included, together with the maintenance history, condition - and of course only one owner.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_3.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_4.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_5.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_6.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_7.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_8.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_9.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_10.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_11.jpg
    Triumph_Speed_Triple_RS_12.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Chris0000

Chris0000 New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Sussex
    beautiful bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    That is a well done machine! You shouldn't have trouble finding a buyer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Thank you - and I did find one (3 hours after listing) and it's due to be collected tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 6
  6. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    A rare time I was right about something. Happy for you!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Bryan3R

Bryan3R Senior Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Southend, Essex, England
    Didn’t take long!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congrats on a quick sale, MrT! I hope that the new owner loves that RS as much as you did, takes even half as good care as you did, and that you don't miss it too much. :heart:Your new Scrambler has found itself a good home. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Thanks Sandi - I found an ideal new owner that really appreciates the RS, so it has gone to a perfect new home.

I already miss it, but pushing it up the ramp into the back of the van yesterday evening, felt somewhat therapeutic. That chapter is over and twin is the new triple :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    That was quick!:)
    Out of curiosity, where did you list it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Listed on eBay as I've had 100% more success than with Autotrader - mostly because eBay let's you write a properly formatted listing to your own spec, that doesn't read like one long sentence of keywords.

3 hours was a bit slack to be honest - the MT-10 that I listed a few months back, went in 45 minutes.

It's all in the quality of the photos and the details within the description - as well as having a decent product to sell in the first place :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Knowing what I know about your Speed Triple RS, MrT, I think using the term "decent" is quite an understatement about the quality of your bike(s). ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1