675 Snatch

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Munchen, May 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Munchen

Munchen Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    Hopefully you haven't clicked this thread looking for something more risque!

I finally got the papers back for my Street today and took it out for a quick blast. I've read about the snatchy throttle response but crumbs, it's unbearable. And this is coming from a bloke who also owns a 5th gen. VFR!!

I watched a YT video of a dude using some 30-quid tiny plastic parts to remove the free play. The alternative, so I've read, is getting the throttle grip from a 1050 speed.

So I wondered whether new original Triumph grips have been improved to take out the play or if the grips from any other model, namely the Street Twin might also work? I've found someone selling a new pair so if they'd fit, I'll buy 'em.

Really spoils what is otherwise a nice little bike.

2. Munchen

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always."

I only want a smoother throttle action and that makes me a pussy? Fine with me.

Anyway, what's a chadda? Do you mean the pair valve removal?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Munchen

Oct 1, 2018
    Germany
    Oh, that was humour? Well, as long as you found it funny, that's alright then. : unamused:

Just googled chadda and I did guess it right. I'm waiting for a new air filter to be delivered so will finally do those mods when I fit it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I got the joke :grinning:
    Do I get a prize :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I've just modded the throttle on my SS to take out the excess slack. I just used some heat shrink tubing I already had instead of buying the small plastic clips, the effect is the same. I've not ridden in yet but if the throttle response is the same or worse the mod is easily reversed. The lean fuelling of the Euro 4 mapping can supposedly be improved with the plug in fuel booster but reviews on here are very mixed, some noticing no difference, others, a big improvement. If they were £20 a pop I'd risk trying one but they're pricey so I'm still undecided.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Took the Scrambler out tonight and the throttle mod to remove the some of the slack at the grip certainly feels better IMO. I've also found the standard grips a bit on the skinny side. I'm not a fan of foam grips so Grip Puppies are out for me. The optional Triumph Barrel grips are also not much thicker so I've used a mod I've done on other bikes in the past with some bicycle inner tube, 3 pieces on each grip and they're now perfect for me. The tube is a tight fit and takes some getting on with a bit of lube. Sounds like a cheapskate fix but works a treat and you have to look close to tell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1