Snap Crackle And Pop..

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by manbitescat, Oct 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. manbitescat

manbitescat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea
    Somewhat missing on my Arrow slip-ons. Previously tried a Speed with a low-boy plus my Rx had an Arrow can, both made splendid crackling on the the over-run, seems to be lacking on these...any ideas?

2. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    rip the guts out of em

3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    -Has the fuel map been updated to the high under seat cans? Different map, different mixture, different sound
    -Remove baffles
    -Check SAI is active -Injects extra air/oxygen after the exhaust port to burn off excess un-burnt fuel, makes a nice pop
    -Use premium fuel, I find the slightly higher octane gives my Speed Triple a bit of extra crackle - plus it help clean the innards (1 in 5 fuel stops I use premium)

When slowing down, keep the throttle just that little bit open and not fully closed, having the position just right doesn't put a load on the engine but does make it pop

4. manbitescat

manbitescat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea
    #4 manbitescat, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Thanks for the reply - assume fuel map was updated correctly on fitting (Jack Lilley), but that was my first thought, will check at 500 mile service...
    SAI - absolutely no idea - err..secondary air injection..? Yep, beyond me, how do I check it's active, having a nap or even alive?
    Quick Google, this means hooking up various boxes and messing with the ECU, mapping etc - I'm not clever enough for that...

5. Bryan3R

Bryan3R Senior Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Southend, Essex, England
    I’ve a low boy, don’t know if it’s also due to the cat being removed on the full system replacement or the map, but mine pops all the time on closed throttle.
    Getting a bit annoying to be honest.