Sprint GT Six Month Update

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Aidan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Just sitting indoors watching the rain of ANOTHER wet June day, so thought I would put some thoughts down about my Sprint GT, now I have had it six months. It's a 2016 GT SE and such a different bike to my old Aprilia Falco (God rest its soul) - I tend to hang on to bikes (and cars) for years.

The bike is so easy to ride. It's almost like the whole thing is on auto pilot. It dribbles along in traffic, then takes off like nobody's business once you hit 5000rpm plus. Handling is superb and motorway cruising excellent, although I may swap for a taller screen, but then I'd be going even faster over the speed limit! Everyone seems to think I'm a copper on the motorway, and traffic parts like the Red Sea - even on a busy M25.

Only down side was a once-only reluctance to start, despite a fully charged battery. I posted here, and looks like it may be a starter solenoid - I will change it for peace of mind for a few quid. It lives in the garage all the time, but the finish looks good and robust. The chain is a real PITA to adjust with the supplied adjuster, and I've had scraped knuckles on more than one occasion.

So, in summary, it's not going to set the world alight, it hasn't got the latest electronics, and "only" 125hp. But, for me, it is perfect, especially with the factory top-box and panniers. Looking forward to taking it to the continent this year (if it ever stops raining!).

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Loved mine.
    Everything you say and more. Ran like a efficient servant, ( compared to the Speed ) smooth and tractable.
    I put 5mm more fork oil in each leg, and this stopped the front dive that occurred when you first touched the front brake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Sounds a good idea - I'm not the lightest. do you just pour it in the top (cap off of course)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I rebuilt as a 12000 mile service, so fresh oil entirely, this may have helped to.
    I also got a long handled C spanner, for the chain, very usable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1