Speedmaster Silencer Identification Please

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by BykerBry, Nov 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BykerBry

BykerBry Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Can someone please identify the pipes on my Speedmaster please. When I bought it a few weeks ago I was told they were standard Triumph pipes but they are so loud that I am beginning to wonder. I really need some quieter ones so I need to know what to look for. Thanks guys.

B246C70E-FDE8-4311-905C-4380FE289C5E.jpeg

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Those pipes are TORS
    Triumph off road silencers
    I've got some in my garage
    The quieter ones are longer than them ones
    You can usually find standard long ones for sale on fleabay
    You should also get a decent amount for your TORS as they are sought after by people like me who like to be LOUD :eek::cool::p

3. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Thanks for that Diligaf. I think I will replace with stock pipes as they are just too loud for me. What do you think I will get for the TORS?

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Unfortunately, Triumph just sold all their old stock of these for less than £100, could get tapered TOR's for £42 delivered !!! So market will be a little low now.

Usually they go for £100 - £125 if no rust / rot (They go around the underside near the back), but doubt you'd get that for them now.

They are refererred to as Short Slash cut TOR's. There is a selection of TOR pipes produced, long slash, short taper, etc. These sound the best in my opinion, and I would keep them. Standard pipes are soooooo quiet, sounds like a sewing machine! See if you can swap for a set of short taper TOR's, they are a bit more subtle, but still nice.

I'll swap you for a set of std long pipes, like new, if you sort out carriage for them both ways !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Dunno what you'd get for them mate but again a look on fleabay would help with a valuation
    I suppose condition would be a big factor
    When I fitted cocktail shakers to my BPOS I had quite a few enquiries from forum members asking if I wanted to sell them but I'm keeping them in the garage in case I decide to refit them
    When you get new silencers for your bike decide what you want for them and advertise them on here :)
    There's plenty of Speedmaster owners in here and they'll fit straight onto America's as well :p
    Good luck mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Thanks for advice. Appreciated.

7. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire

Thanks for advice. I will keep an eye on eBay and get some stock ones. I will keep these for now and decide what to do at a later date. Cheers.

8. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Thanks for all the input guys. I have just done a swop with a pair of brand new unused standard silencers.Will get them on the bike tomorrow and might take a ‘quiet’ ride to try them out. I think it was a fair exchange as I didn’t really want the hassle of selling them on eBay so I am happy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good for you mate :)
    If you don't like loud then you needed to do something about it :(
    SOUNDS like you found the perfect solution :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire

I will let you know but those pipes were so loud that I was not enjoying the bike and I would have moved it on pretty quick so if these pipes do the trick and I enjoy the bike, then that’s good news. I am 74 and don’t need a loud noisy bike so I am confident this will put some enjoyment back into the bike. I have the standard pipes on my Bonnie and I am happy with those so I will let you know later when I have fitted them. Speak later DD.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Fitted the new standard pipes this morning and then took her out for a 30mile ride out and it was superb!!!!!! They do not look as cool as the others and yesit is quiet but that suits me, no loud noise, no popping and banging, smooth and quiet - just what I want. Was not sure that I liked it compared to the Bonnie but now I know I do so it’s a keeper. Still slightly prefer the Bonnie but I do like it a lot now so I am happy.
    Thanks for all your input guys, much appreciated and really helpful.

6D215C35-A6BB-4ED2-B645-527409203946.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good stuff Bry:)
    Glad you're happy with it again :)
    Now you just need to paint it BLACK :cool::p

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    And make it noisier!!:joy::laughing::laughing:
    Of course painting it blue would make it peaceful and classy:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    I have to agree with both colours as I have a blue Bonnie and a black Magna but I do think there is something classy about the red and it would be the colour of my choice so I was pleased to find a good Speedy in red.
    Here are my two Triumphs parked side by side today.

E86E1D7D-8D6D-4F8C-8FC8-024A8A49A35C.jpeg

99EB279A-D6FE-45CD-93AC-22DA280F923A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  15. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Ha, ha, not that generous I’m afraid DD. I thought there is only one thing better than a Triumph - that’s TWO Triumphs. Can’t have two women but I can have two bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    They say the one with the most toys wins. I am trying very hard to win. Note the plate on my Bonnie!

CFD03BA8-1CF6-43C5-AADA-4B2EAA301574.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    You could have black AND red on the same bike if you wanted ..... look ..... sheer class .....

DSCF1787.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I knpw I've said it before, but I'll say it again your bike really is beautiful Steve - really a bike I'd be proud to own.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Nice colour scheme Steve.
    I have got black , silver and orange on my Magna. Close.

16CD4AC2-4DC0-440A-B515-B3D8A503AFDA.jpeg

• Like Like x 2