Side Cover

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wicked Coolname, Aug 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hi,
    So, I've managed to lose the right side cover for my 2018 T120. It's the black plastic cover which contains the Allen wrench used to adjust the rear shocks.
    Triumph wants a small fortune for a new one. I was wondering if anyone might know of a cheaper source. I Googled for a while, but know luck. Any suggestions?

2. Bonnie1980

Bonnie1980 Bonneville T120 Black

Aug 6, 2019
    South East England
    Sadly, you will have to spend a small fortune, unless you are handy and can whip up fibreglass to make a pair yourself. There are no aftermarket side panels for the 2018/wc model- I have been looking for one for some time now but no luck. The only ones I came across were from Tamarit Motorcycles but then they are not cheap either (at around 150 Euros for a pair) and not many would like the design. I did spot one on ebay sometime ago but it was almost as expensive as new ones.

Good luck!

3. I brought up some older posts on another Triumph forum and I saw that a few guys apparently bought some aftermarket side cases from a company called Moto Trio. Their side cases look great, but I was hoping that maybe one of the guys who upgraded to the snazzy looking Moto Trio cases would want to sell their original one. So far, no luck.
    If worse comes to worse I guess I'll order one from Moto Trio.

4. I ended up buying a pair from
    www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk
    and I couldn't be happier.
    Good price, great service, very well made and they fit perfectly.
    I can strongly recommend these guys if anyone needs hard to find parts.

IMG_20190828_112423424_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

6. My homemade one will not have mesh. It is a straight up copy of the original....or as close as i can get it. The hardest part is locating the mounting pins. Ives screwed it up twice so far. My welding skills are passable but I've blown through the sheet metal a couple of times. At the rate I'm going it'll be equal parts steel and Bondo! I'll post a pic before it gets painted.

• Like Like x 2
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused: Haven’t got any mate must of deleted them :(

8. Bonnie1980

Bonnie1980 Bonneville T120 Black

Aug 6, 2019
    South East England
    Looks great, but I just wish they made them in plain black (not the carbon-fibre lookalike) and avoided those vents. I want something similar to the OEM covers and even spoke to a local custom garage guy if he can make them, and he said replicating them mounting pins will be a pain.

I wait till someone makes the OEM type after-market covers, hopefully soon.

9. I really like the carbon fiber and the vents, but gloss black would have matched my bike better than the greyish color. I could paint them black but then I'd lose the carbon fiber look. Either way, it looks way better than driving around with the cover missing.