Shorty levers 2016

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Pabs, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    I've got some new levers to fit to my 2016 model.
    Guessing the install is similar to the previous model?

I've only ever done these on a ducati monster and think the hydraulic brake clutch thing is slightly different. Only instructions I can find seem to be evotech ones...

Any pointers?

2. migilar

migilar New Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Northern Ireland
    #2 migilar, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Which levers did you go for just out of curiosity? I'm considering the CRG RC2's at £125 or the pazzo's at £160...

3. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Chinese generic... never tried them but happy at £40.

I've had pazzo before and couldn't tell the difference in terms of quality.

Time will tell if the anodizing is as good... has stainless parts so shouldn't rust...

4. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    All installed and appears to working fine.

Just curious what the plunger switch is under the clutch cable?

New levers do not engage it...so it is fully out... I don't think it's effecting any things as bike starts and changes through gears.

Any clue?

5. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    FAIL.

Don't buy the levers on eBay from France.

Clutch lever dosnt engage the saftey switch... there isnt a flange or anything to make contact its been leftoo off the design.

Although bike runs fine somehow it's linked to the fuel gauge.. I did some reading online and tested it... filled bike up and fuel didn't register.. pressed and held button in by hand fuel gauge then climbed to full.. clearly this switch sends a host of info to the bike.

Shame really as they looked nice..

Any links to the crg ones?

6. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Don't know why you bothered Pabs I'm quite liking the stock ones:cool:

7. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Looks mean in black

8. AJB-74

AJB-74 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Melbourne, Australia
    Was thinking about ASV's ... any views on these levers?

9. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    Ok looking at Evotech levers for my 2016'R but they are not yet in stock. Not sure if the clutch lever has a plate to activate the clutch switch that Pabs refers to in the posts above. Contacted Evotech and awaiting their response. Has anyone fitted Evotech or Pazzo and does it have a switch activation plate i.e. clutch needs to held in while starting as with standard lever ??

Can't wait to pickup my bike this Friday.

Cheers.

10. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    I spoke with evotech and they haven't made them yet. Few weeks away.

Without the switch the bike starts and rides without noticeable difference...however the fuel guage goes down and dosnt go back up when adding fuel... I found some posts online that listed a whole bunch off stuff the bike dosnt do...so best get ones with the plate..

I've not found any UK stock of other levers and don't fancy international returns incase there are problems..

Hence waiting for evotech as they seem.fairly priced and they have good customer service.

11. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    UPDATE: Found a set of levers that work. Its from a seller called jaybeebikerbits, his website doesn't list the 2016 model but ebay shop has 2 versions, one standard length @£46 other is folding short/extending for a few quid more. Its only available in silver adjusters on standard length which is what I went for. Has a plate for clutch switch so bike starts and operates as normal. Easy to fit. For clutch lever you need to swap the brass pivot bush to new lever. For brake, you need to remove plunger pin from original lever and fit into new lever. Plunger pin can't be removed until you punch the hinge bush out which allows the plunger holder to be released. I also had to carefully stretch and hold the rubber gaiter on the brembo side with a couple of slim Allen keys to push plunger back into the gaiter hole. Sounds more complicated than it is. Took me 20 minutes in total.

Its great quality and looks and feels as good if not better than Pazzos at 4 times the price!
    Ebay shop is: http://ebay.us/oyutBR

WP_20160717_19_09_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20160717_19_07_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20160717_19_08_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20160717_19_08_41_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 2