Short Triumph Gen Exhausts

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Wide, Mar 13, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wide

Wide Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Cardiff
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Same exhaust, just dealer being stupid !!! I bought my TOR shorts from a dealer 2nd hand, they were listed as standard short pipes, but definitely are short TOR's.

Buy the cheaper one's :D

Was out today with my pal on his America LT, both of us running Short TOR's, the noise was fantastic.:):):), go for it, you won't regret.

• Like Like x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Noise is good, it seems to feed the soul. Had the bike ticking over on the drive on Thursday afternoon sounding really nice on short TOR's. A little lad (about 4 or 5) was walking past holding his mum's hand. He stopped and wouldn't move until I'd ridden off, he was fascinated with the bike. Boy or man we are the same.

• Like Like x 2
  4. biscuit

biscuit Member

Sep 18, 2015
    essex
    I'm looking to get something like this, are they a straight replacement with no mapping and a load of noise?

5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Sorry, can't help you there, mine came already fitted although I do believe a re-map is required. Sure somebody who knows for sure will be along soon.

6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

A remap is available from dealers, running mine with TORs and no remap currently, but going to get it done over easter. £25 from my dealer to get installed. Or I might not, seems to be running fine.

7. biscuit

biscuit Member

Sep 18, 2015
    essex
    Ok thanks, I'll look into it.

8. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    The short pipes on my speedy was brought from an autojumble at the VMCC Shepton Mallet (cost me £45), They're off of a HD (loud) same diameter so off with standard on with short ones. Just passed 2nd MOT in January, happy days. Had remap to get rid of the popping but it has come back. I like the sound so won't change it now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. biscuit

biscuit Member

Sep 18, 2015
    essex
  10. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I've been looking as those cocktail shaker exhausts also, SquareDeals have those at £99 for a pair and a pair of British Customs cocktail shakers (carb'd bikes) for £500+ ……. so it's one extreme to another. I'm sure the BC exhausts would be better than the £99 ones, but would they be £400+ better??????? I'm not sure…..

11. Wide

Wide Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Cardiff
    I dont get whats so differant internally with BC exhausts between for "carb" bikes and efi ones ??
    Mind I looked at them and they are bloody expensive and a bit of a rip off price in my eyes

12. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    • Like Like x 1
  13. biscuit

biscuit Member

Sep 18, 2015
    essex
    Thanks for the link, going to give them a try, if no good it's only £100 and the reviews seem positive.

14. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

When I got my 05 Speedmaster last year it had the genuine Triumph 'standard' long pipes fitted. The dealer literally gave me the genuine Triumph 'short' TORs that were fitted when he took the bike in from the previous owner. Now then as the TORs are a genuine manufacturers part do I need a remap if I put them on once I get my wrist splint off and I get back on the road.

15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

No way of knowing which map is currently on the bike, so I would say you will have to take it and see.
    Bike does run fine on standard map with TOR's, mine's seems to, not until I get it remapped will I really know, might be loads better???

16. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Oops, forgot to mention that its probably the standard map as a genuine Triumph ignitor unit was fitted when the factory fitted ingnitor packed up last year.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cav

cav Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Germany
    I've got the short TORS on mine, illegal as f...k in Germany but sound great. Other
    exhausts that are legal are just too expensive.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Would appreciate finding out how things go with your exhausts once fitted Biscuit, upload some pics
    and if poss the SOUND OF EM PLEASE !!

19. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    If you YouTube Triumph America emgo exhaust, you get the idea I am sure on the sound front.

• Like Like x 1
  20. biscuit

biscuit Member

Sep 18, 2015
    essex
    Well, they arrived this morning and fitted them in under an hour , started her up and fook me what a difference.A nice loud deep tone,had to take her out for a "trial run" which was impressive with popping on de acceleration, that may go once remapped.
    In all, for £104 delivered they look and sound great,time will tell on metal/chrome quality, but at that price you can just replace them.
    Give 'em a go!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg