Short Ride Yesterday.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kenbro, Jul 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hi,
    Yesterday was overcast but dry (Not cold) so I got the bike out for a local ride.
    Left Heywood around 11am and went up the M66 to Haslingden then over Grane Rd. to M65, off there and through Salmsebury toTickle Trout. Under the M6 and made my way to A6 North.
    Went towards Garstang then to St. Michaels on Wyre where I called at the Microlight Flying School where I learned in 1986.
    Back home from there on mainly A roads but a few miles on M6/ 61/ 62. 84 miles total. Max speed 90, average, tad over 40mph.
    Interesting bit was the amount of other motorcyclists I saw....7 total!
    Really surprised me that. I thought there would have been many more about on such a nice riding day, after continuous rain for near a week.
    Ken.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #2 Octoberon, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    I'm supposed to be tracking up to Scotland today but it's so miserable and wet I'm probably going to leave it and set off very early tomorrow morning. Most likely have to nip up the M6/A74(M) as I've got to be at Ducati Glasgow (they also sell Triumphs) before 9am. Going north from Manchester on the motorways isn't so bad. Lake District and the Borders are pretty stunning. Looking forward to getting out on the bike but I wish summer were here! If the weekend weather perks up I'll take a more scenic route home again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I was out Ken, with Mrs Freck on the back of the KTM, as her bike is poorly at the mo.
    We had a nice ride out into the Lakes.
    We most likely passed each other as you were around my neck of the woods. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Saturday and Sunday weather forecast to be sunny
    Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    I did catch a glimpse of one bike with an orangy trellis frame...could that have been you?
    Not well up on KTMs. Think it may have been on M6.
    Ken.

6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Wouldn’t have been me if it was on the motorway mate. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Good weather coming back then, hopefully. I'll settle for that.

• Like Like x 2