Shock Rebuild

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bizkat75, Apr 26, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bizkat75

bizkat75 New Member

Apr 25, 2013
    hello i new on here and was wondering if someone could tell me a little info / tips on t595 97 aint had it long and fallen in love with it Capture.jpg .. shocks need a rebuild so any tips on oil to get spring etc as we be having a go myself any and all info will be very grateful

Is there any way to soften the engine noise slighty dont get me wrong i like the tractor noise triumphs make just a little.... diff oil maybe....once again thanks

I have been warned not to say the beloved triumph sounds like a tractor....so the rattle then....... not a lot just a little :upyeah: thanks Rich

Capture.jpg

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    If you can afford it send the shocks off to get re built. There are lads of companies that will do it for you and will save you a load of hassle. Give them your weight and and what type of riding you do and they will match the shock to your weight and riding style.

Always thought the Triumph engine was pretty quite so maybe yours has seen some heavy usage..
    Cam chain tensioner is normally the culprit...

3. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    try Maxton for suspension rebuild, always been more than 100% for me

• Like Like x 1
  4. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will get loads of advice here.

:eek:TRACTOR NOISE!!! Wtf really?? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Yep agree maxton are another good company.. Also seen someone in EBay offering the service...
    It will be about cost in the end and what you want to spend..
    Hagon do cheap shocks new so yet another option. I used them on a CB500 commuter bike I had.....