Insurance Shipping Delays?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by ChessNibbler, Jun 6, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ChessNibbler

ChessNibbler Member

May 29, 2022
    Orange County, NY
    Hi My Friends!

I have hand rails, back rest, radiator guard, seat on order from my dealer. It's been over three weeks. I haven't called them to bother them as I figure when they arrive they'll let me know...but I'm wondering what's a reasonable time frame for accessories to be shipped from UK to U.S. these days? Anyone have any experience with shipping times these days?

Thanks in advance.

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Reckon your best response will come from your dealer, they do it all the time so will be able to give you the best guess ;)

3. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    I used to send completed commemorative WW1 and 2 stuff for people in the US. Time taken for the bits to arrive seemed to depend on which airport it arrives in before being stuck in customs. Kennedy was always the worst in my experience. I've had stuff stuck there for up to 4 weeks in some cases. Holiday periods are worse. Then sometimes it'd be ok and get through in no time.
    But talking to the receiving people they seemed to know Kennedy was pretty bad and that annoying customs with phone calls could make it worse. Some even asked me if I could send via a different airport.
    It'll be fine they'll be there tomorrow now I've said all that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1