Shell Announce Yearly Profits

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curly, Feb 4, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Shell have declared a quadrupling of profits over the last 12 months to figures I can not comprehend.
    I'm delighted for them, the meteoric rise in fuel and gas prices has clearly been tough on them as well.
    In fact, I'm so happy for them I'm looking to buy a V12 E Type to run around in, just to give them a helping hand to keep their corporate heads above water.
    It must be bloody tough at the top.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    upload_2022-2-4_8-23-49.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

They're publicly traded. Stock holders saw those gains as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Unfortunately the people whose pockets fuel rises hit hardest, don't tend to be shareholders ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

I used to make those kind of excuses too. You only need a couple hundred bucks to get started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    I wasn't talking about myself, I'm well sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

I wasn't referring to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I suspect the majority of small time share holders won’t get back on their share stocks what the fuel price hikes are doing to the cost of living, but then again, every little helps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Try as you may, you will never excuse or blame your way into wealth. It's an unfair world. Deal with it.

Multi-millionaire bourgeois and Fortune 500 CEO's haven't taken a dime from me. The government has robbed me blind at every opportunity.

Can't speak for the UK, but as to the US- over half you pricks allegedly voted for this decrepit jackass and that immediately double gas prices and we got empty shelves at the grocery stores now. I planned ahead so I'm good. More than good. I have no sympathy for anyone suffering from the choices they made in DC last year. None. You did it to yourselves. Suck it.

But by all means keep blaming the suits on Wall St and Jeff Bezos for your financial woes. "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    For all those of us that have private pensions, don't forget that your contributions are invested in companys such as Shell.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Depends whether they are part of your portfolio, many funds do not invest in fossil fuels and many focus on renewables

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

I’d say more do than don’t. “Renewables” aren’t exactly the most profit-proven enterprises these days.

But even if they were does it matter? Would you prefer to make some wind turbine tycoon mega-rich over some oil baron?

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I don't have any say where my pensions are invested. I could invest in "ethical" funds but that doesn't necessarily make financial sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stuart 1

Stuart 1 Member

Dec 5, 2021
    Stoke On trent
    No point moaning about fuel price rises or any other.....there absolutely nothing we can do so just enjoy the good things in life....good health and riding your bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Exactly.

Look at the bright side- Triumphs get pretty good gas mileage. For the year after I got mine the money I saved riding to work instead of driving covered 1/2 my bike payment. So those savings covered over 10% of my balance.

Then Sleepy Joe’s policies kicked in and a tank of gas went from $6 to over $13. : unamused:

• Like Like x 1