Shark Evoline 3

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by crispey, Nov 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    hi folks looking at buying one of these, I’ve looked in here and someone’s given a kind of review but there’s a couple of extra questions, does it have pinlok, if not how’s the visor in a steamy sort of way? Anyone fitted a scala to it? Can you?
    Thanks

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    that looks like one of the better flip up lids,looking at the video it doesn't look like you would be able to fit a scala..not in the usual place anyway,don't know if you can fit a pin lock

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    here's a reply to one of the comments on the above video asking if it accepts a pinlock.....Shark have just released the new Evo one which is the same helmets essentially but with a pillock visor. Review coming shortly!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    looking at this vid it looks as if you can fit a scala in the normal place

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Found this review when I was looking to upgrade my flip-front HJC helmet.

Safety
    The Evoline 3 has been ECE approved for sale in the EU and was the first flip-up crash helmet to receive dual homologation. That means it was tested and approved to be worn with the chin guard up as an open face helmet and with the chin guard down as a full face helmet. Not all modulars are.

It was also tested by the UK SHARP safety testing organisation where it received a five star rating, which is the maximum possible score available. So far so good.

However, there’s a fly in the ointment.

If you check SHARP’s results, they also reported that the chin bar remained closed and locked in only 57% of impacts during testing. It’s not uncommon for chin bars to open occasionally during testing, but 57% is a pretty low mark by modular helmet standards. That’s especially true when you compare with a company like Nolan whose four tested flip-up helmets all scored 100%. The most recently tested AGVs (the Compact and Numo (discontinued)) both scored 100% too.

Because of this, we’ve knocked a point off our review stars for safety (at the bottom of the page).

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Mines an Evo One :)
    Very comfortable helmet and well made
    Comes with pinlok viser :)
    Takes a bit of practice bringing the chin bar back when on the move :confused:
    I have no idea what a scala is :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Here is escala!

• Like Like x 2
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah ta! Well if that means the 3 doesn’t then At an extra £150 for pinlock! I think not.

9. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I have an Evoline Series 2 and done big miles in it love it, theres no pinlock on mine but riding with the visor cracked open keeps the visor and my glasses clear.

I also have a cardo scala Q2 fitted to minewith no problems other than the usual of locating the speakers in the right place for best audio which is the same with all headsets.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I've got the Evoline 3 and it's not got a pinlock visor. I had no trouble attaching an Aldi bluetooth set to it but I don't know how your Scala attaches. I can't fault the helmet except that it's a bit noisy at speed.

• Like Like x 1