Shark Evo One 2 Helmet Advance

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by t21972, Jan 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. t21972

t21972 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Doncaster
    Hey all and good evening

Do any Member have any advice on the shark evo one 2 helmet? It’s the one where the chin bar flips right over and sits at the back of the helmet making it an open face or a full face helmet. I’ve been fancying one for a good while now and as seeing as I’ve just treated my self to a new bike I think a new helmet is in order

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I have a shark evo one and think it’s a good helmet :)
    Very comfortable and has a pinlock visor which works well when it’s raining :)
    One of the few helmets on the market that passes the tests for open face and full face :grinning:
    Takes a bit of practice/patience to get get the chin bar back over to the front when you’re riding (not supposed to do it :confused:)
    Overall I’m happy with mine :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I have the Shark Evoline series 2, which I've had for a long time now, Love the helmet and its practicalitybeing a glasses wearer it makes putting the glasses on much easier without poking your eyes out.

As @dilligaf says takes a bit to get the hang of thechinbar operation, but, the fact it flips over the back and causes no drag is a big plus for me.

I may even upgrade to the latest version later this year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. t21972

t21972 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Doncaster
    Hi Oldyam thanks for the comment it’s much appreciated. Is the new model out now?? If so do you know the name or model number??

5. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    • Like Like x 1
  6. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    #6 alfie, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    I agree with dilligaf, I have the shark evo one and once you ave mastered how to raise and lock down the visor its good. Early versions had an issue with the visor being marked by coming into contact with the helmet when it was being raised but that is all sorted,

• Like Like x 2
  7. t21972

t21972 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Doncaster
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Jim 100

Jim 100 Member

Apr 27, 2018
    Cheam, Surrey
    #8 Jim 100, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    I've got one very happy with it, thought it a bit heavy to start with, (I also have a Bell 500)but got used to it now, really like the sun visor, only thing I find a little annoying is the cheek cushioning pushes into my cheeks, but probably down to my fat face...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi whilst the shark does get good reviews, you might want to have a look at one of these.
    https://ls2helmets.com/uk/urban/valiant

I'm really please with mine and it is a cheaper than the shark.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1