Featured 765 Service

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Daffy, Aug 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Daffy

Daffy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Attleborough Norfolk
    So, me bike goes in for its 6000ml (well yearly, coz she's only done 4000ml :laughing:) service today, apparently, they've got to change the front pads as a recall item? not heard about this but hay-ho new pads! :D

In other news, I had to replace the battery last week coz the previous owner left her standing for months without being on a maintenance charger and the stupid alarm drained and fecked the battery :( I'm hoping my solar panel charger will be enough to keep her topped up, but at 1.5W (0.125A) it may be too low to cover the alarm standby draw, hmmm, we'll see.

Also fitted my Scottoiler, lovely bit of kit, the chain lasts soooo much longer with one on :D. Just need to remove me wheels and get the rubber changed/balanced now and then she's done.....Oh, and I ordered a seat cowl/base etc but that won't be in till September :rolleyes: Errrm..... think that's it :p:joy:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Iamtheonlyone

Iamtheonlyone Senior Member

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    FWIW i use x2 solar and it only needs a tickover every other week, but i also have a backup battery at home connected to the Optimate4, just incase.

Q. What did you reide previously, was it the 675R or RS, or other?

3. Daffy

Daffy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Attleborough Norfolk
    Good idea about the backup batt, I had a cbr600 before but that didn't have an alarm on it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iamtheonlyone

Iamtheonlyone Senior Member

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    I have the 675 with alarm, tracker and it can get edgy after about 3 weeks.

5. Daffy

Daffy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Attleborough Norfolk
    • Like Like x 3