Service Reset

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by David Rowbotham, Feb 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Rowbotham

David Rowbotham New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    Anybody know how and what tools I would need to reset my service countdown on my 64 speed triple.
    I'm a qualified car mechanic so will be doing my own bike servicing to avoid big bills ect. Just need to reset the service reminder.
    Ta Dave Rowy

• Like Like x 1
  2. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    Cheers, I'm not bothered about remapping ect just for the service indicator will do for now.
    Thanks

3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I assume that should read 94 Speed Triple. :)
    You need the TuneECU app installed on an Android smart phone and a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle to plug into the bike.
    You'll find plenty of info on the TuneEcu web site.
    Although TuneEcu can be loaded on PC and use a wired connection unfortunately the service reset (and abs bleed function) is only available via Android and Bluetooth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    #4 David Rowbotham, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    That' great thanks.
    I ment a 64 as in Year lol. But great stuff any how, that'l do me especially as it will do the abs blead thanks .

Any Bluetooth dongle ?

5. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    This one looks the same as the one I'm using

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    That' brill col, thanks. For that money I'll just order it.

7. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    Thanks for all your advice.
    I've ordered and received a OBD11 Bluetooth adapter and downloaded the Tuneecu app, the £10 one as this seemed the all singing all dancing one.
    Checked this morning to confirm it works great regarding service reset although I didn't actually complete the reset as not due just yet. And surprised that even through its Bluetooth and not a sub lead it reads the fault codes and actuated the coolant fan when requested so doing more than I expected.
    I won' be remapping so this is enough and brill.
    I'll now be servicing the speed myself as I know I'll do a more thorough job that Youls the main dealer
    Thanks again. Dave.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham

Well guess I spoke to soon.
    It seemed to work fine and connected to bike allowing things like coolant fan activation ect. It also allowed me to select service reset although Initially i didn' reset it.
    Today I have gone to reset the service mileage and found when I select 6000 miles and ok I get a message "error occured". No matter what I do or what computer type I select, it' the same.
    Anybody else had the same problem?
    Im hoping its the OBD plug as now thats stopped working and cost only £5 of eBay. Anybody got an actual link for one on eBay that's proven work ? And able to confirm what the issue is or may be ?
    Cheers Dàve

9. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    I ordered one which I thought was similar to one Col provided link to. Col is yours the one in the link ad I take it it works ? Only reason didn't order that one was it was from China. Might order it now lol

10. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    there is a facebook group for tuneecu, on which the author, alain, will address issues with the software. worth a shot. you're not the first person to complain about this not working.

11. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    I've used this one with success
    P1030780.JPG
    Sorry havn't got a link, bought it ages ago off eBay!

• Like Like x 1
  12. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    Looks like same one col recommnded earlier in this post. I finished up ordering one similar but maybe faulty. Think I will buy This, £3.25 from China lol. I paid a fiver for mine cheers
    Only reason I went for the one I bought was it was from UK supplier. But not always best. Ta

13. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Pretty sure this was the link for the bluetooth one
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327Bl...901202&hash=item1ed6119f92:g:YcwAAOSwkdFai4Uo

Failing that use a PC and a USB OBD lead.
    The LONELEC one is recommended by TuneECU, the blue one came with the TTP stage one mapping kit. Both work without issues!
    P1030785.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    service reset is only available on the Bluetooth version

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Cheers, didn't realise that? ;)

16. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
  17. Col_C

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    As previously mentioned service reset is only available via usb.
    I've had my dongle for several years and yes I've reset another forum members bike without problem and will be doing mine in the next month or two.
    The one in the link I provided looks identical to mine (as does the one Striplemont shows), but not from the same supplier.
    I've checked through my emails (I keep some junk :rolleyes:) and I bought mine back in 2012 via Amazon from a supplier epathdirect (Hong Kong) but can't find it from them now.
    I'm guessing you've just got a dodgy one, unfortunately it seems to be a bit pot luck, it's not the first time I've heard of people having problems (same with the usb versions, some work - some don't :mad:).

• Like Like x 1
  18. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    Whilst waiting for another more expensive Bluetooth obd to arrive I spotted a lonelec obd with lead ect on ebay used by another triumph owner through Tuneecu and plugs in via usb. However again service reset doesn' work. In fact there is no option for service reset. Yet everything else including abs bleed works fine. I've tried to upload a screen shot but we'll see it it worked or not. Dave

Screenshot_20180412-141528.png

19. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    There is no service reset on the windows version of tuneecu.

20. David Rowbotham

Sep 2, 2017
    Oldham
    I had it before using Bluetooth but although I could select service reset it wouldn' actually complete. This was put down to faulty Bluetooth obd. Thought using one through usb on a cable would be better. When you say windows what do you mean ?