Thruxton Sell Or Keep The Original Bits ?

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Ashtons99, Nov 19, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ashtons99

Ashtons99 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2018
    Doncaster
    Those with the racer kit or similar will know you end up with about 5 boxes of bits taken off the bike, these include exhausts, tank strap, indicators, original tail piece, rear light etc. Also clip on brackets and all the headlamp brackets and hand grips.
    My dilemma is do I fill my garage loft up with even more bike bits and simply look after them for any future owner or do I get a bit of money back and save the space. How likely is it that a future owner would expect these parts to be with the bike and would it impact on future value without them.

What have any of you done with the bits.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Chucked it all in the loft.
    It worthless on its own, although the next owner may appreciate the fact you’ve looked after everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ashtons99
    You would be surprised how many buyers want a oem bike. Even most dealer say put the originals back on. Or do you have the oem parts.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I’d keep em til you sell. Put them back on sell the bike, sell the parts you just took off and make more money.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

+1 on above, Always refit originals & sell the upgrades, everyone will want the racer kit.

Keep racer kit 20 years and they will be worth as much as the bike !!!

Original Volkswagen beetles came with a little flower vase, they are worth a feckin fortune :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Agree but if you fancy selling the tank strap to me let me know a price haah!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ashtons99

Ashtons99 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2018
    Doncaster
    Thanks again guys. It looks like I’m making more room in my garage loft !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1