Seeking Brake/tail Light Connector For Modern Triumphs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bret Morey, Aug 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bret Morey

Bret Morey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Alexandria, PA - USA
    I'm putting some combination driving/brake/indicator lights on my scrambler 1200. I would like to do this without cutting into the factory wiring at all. I can do it easily with splicing and soldering, but I would like to avoid cutting any wires. I already have the round barrel connectors for the signal light outputs, not I just need the male and female parts for the tail/brake light plug. If I can get those I will will make my own adapter to wire in the new lights. Problem is that I don't know where to find this connector pair, and the code on the side of it is unreadable. Does anyone know where this connector can be purchased?

Thanks.
    20210813_194522.jpg 20210813_194532.jpg 20210813_194545.jpg

2. Bret Morey

Apr 20, 2019
    Alexandria, PA - USA
    Figured it out. In case anyone else ends up looking for the same it looks like Triumph uses NAMZ NJST connectors (NJST-03P and NJST-03R on the 3 pin tail/brake; and NJST-02P and NJST-02R on the plate light).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I did something similar to you - made up an wiring loom insert that plugged into Pre-existing plugs. That way easy to revert to factory config should I sell it.

Not seen your connectors before though…

4. Bret Morey

Apr 20, 2019
    Alexandria, PA - USA
    The Namz connectors are all over the new scrambler, and unfortunately they are a pain. Found them for sale at insane prices, and ordered, but they come without the pins. found the pins, and had to buy a JST crimper. Even with the right plugs, right pins, and right crimper that were difficult. The pins really don't like to go into the plug housings without a lot of force. If you put them in wrong they are really hard to get back out and fix...

But in the end I built the harness I needed and got my lights installed without cutting into any factory wiring, so it was worth the hassle and excessive cost.