Second International Forum Trip Proposal

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by andypandy, Oct 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    #1 andypandy, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    I've been doing a little bit of rooting about and I've put a rough proposal together for next year. I think this years trip to Germany was a great success despite Nikki's @BonnieCat little tumble and Wayne's @Havit bike agonies. We had some great rides, weather, food, beer and banter. In fact the only bad bit for me were the last 15 miles or so coming over the moors on the M62 between Huddersfield and home when I got soaked.
    So I've done rough plans and example prices for a trip to the Picos de Europa in Northern Spain and a trip to Central or south of Central France near to Limoges.
    Download the text file, open it with Notepad, click on format, click on "word wrap" to make it more readable.

Edit: Just checked my email. Harry at the hotel in France says he was going to close at the end of August but if we go early Sept he will stay open for us. He has 11 rooms sleeping 22.

@Tigcraft @Tiglet @steve lovatt @Wessa @Winglad plus anyone else

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thanks for starting this off Andy. I had an awesome time in spite of my little incident. I’ve always wanted to do the Picos so I’d be up for that.
    Route 66 hotel run by Harry. I had a week there a few years ago with my friends from the Suzuki owners club and had a great time. Harry is a great host and his bar in one of the barns was excellent. He even had a band come and play at the weekend. So I’d be up for that too.

If we went to the Picos, I’d have to ride all the way down through France or get the Channel Tunnel train to the UK and ride to Portsmouth, but I’ll work that out if and when.

Now, if you are thinking of the Netherlands, I’ll have to get my thinking cap on.

• Like Like x 2
  3. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Just had an email from Harry at the Route66 Hotel in France. If we go to his place he would like us to go the first week in September. He was/is planning to shut down at the end of August and do a european biking trip.

Re Alans suggestion of doing the Pair of Knees instead of the Picos, I'm quite happy with that too. I'd like to do both at some stage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Me too Andy. Easy peasy for us retired folk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    To me the Picos win hands down over the Pair of Knees, yes there’s some good roads but the Picos are far better. Just get a map or google is your friend, twist and turns that go on for mile after mile with spectacular views.
    It’s the real Spain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Bump

Anyone still up for an International Forum Trip 2019.

We should get our thinking caps on and start to plan. August is out for me but September, October is fine. We all had a ball last time let’s do another.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    This is Andy’s proposal last October.
    https://www.thetriumphforum.com/attachments/secondinternationalforumtrip-txt.38048/

• Like Like x 1
  9. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well I'm kind of resigned to there not being enough interest which is a shame because I thought our little trip to Bad Bertrich was fandavvydozy last year.
    So because of that I'm thinking of going down through France on my own, over the Pyrenees, west to the Picos and ferry back from Santander, going late August. But if anyone besides me and Nikki wants to join up and do a trip Septemberish to somewhere, shout out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    We all had such a great time last year I thought they’d be straining at the leash to do another one.
    I’d be interested in doing the Picos but only if there’s a few of us. If it’s just you and your missus Andy I wouldn’t want to be a gooseberry. Due to my Norway trip it would have to be September

• Like Like x 1
  11. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    My missus doesn't do biking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Ah ok (she doesn’t know what she’s missing)
    But if you want a riding companion, I’d love to join you (if you don’t mind picking up my VStrom from time to time) ;):cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Anymore for anymore ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    So after the disappointing interest in another international forum trip this year, Waspy and I were chomping at the bit to go to Germany again this year. So next Saturday i’ll Be on my way to Bad Grund and the bikers hotel there to meet up with another roughly 14 other folks from the UK.
    Bad Grund is in the Harz Mountains with superb biking roads, olde worlde villages, good food and beer.
    Apparently we’re booked in one evening to the famous XXXL Restaurant where food portions are that big they could feed a family of 4 for a week. They also sell beer in those massive Oktoberfest glasses.
    I can feel an evening of drunkenness allied with indigestion coming on. Better take a family pack of Paracetamol and Rennies. :worried::cool:
    I’m being led astray, I’m far too young for an evening of this sort. :p

• Like Like x 8
  15. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thanks me dear. I usually do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just go with the flow Nikki.....

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Have a good time Nikki, be safe and be careful when parking Waspy ;)

Have you warned the others in your party :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  18. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Cheeky !!

The successful Scottish trip has cancelled out my little faux pas last year. I now have a clean slate

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Andy, only just seen this thread and am looking for somewhere to bike holiday.

What's the state of play with your proposed trip to the Picos/Pair of Knees ?

Was thinking we could meet up at somewhere like Limoges, or alternatively stay over at our place 36140 AIGURANDE - on your way down ????

• Like Like x 1
  20. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Still thinking about it Dave. Maybe planning on late August as a start date. I'm down near Monpazier for the next week or so with the missus so I won't be making any plans until week after next.

• Like Like x 2