Seat Height

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Akdog, May 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Akdog

Akdog New Member

May 28, 2021
    Montana, USA
    Hello all! Looking at a 2018 800 xca. As a shorter rider wanted to lower a bit to be flat footed stopped. Has anyone changed seat or dog bone?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy Akdog :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Try a 800 XRX low - the XRX is lower than the XCA and in the factory designed low version is er, even lower…

Also get some high soleplate boots - they help.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Not the same bike but when I got the Speed Triple it was still a tad higher than I wanted it to be. Got a Triumph low seat and Richa Colt boots. Not a huge difference height wise but made me feel much more comfortable.

5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Akdog, you can get a lowering kit, in the UK Lust Racing do them, I'm not sure about the cost of postage and customs charges to Montana though, try your local accessory dealers, they may be able to get them for you. The lowering kit is well made and far cheaper option than a new lower seat. I have used the lowering kits on numerous machines and they work fantastic, in fact I have them on my 2020 RS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome....

7. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Did you go the route of lowering forks and changing / chopping the stand?
    They do seem like a great option and a solid confidence builder for people.

8. Akdog

Akdog New Member

May 28, 2021
    Montana, USA
    Thank you for all the input. It's great. I'll look into lowering kits. Now just need to sell my truck and get the bike!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#9 Cyborgbot, May 30, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2021
    Surprised you didn’t look at a few kits, get your draftsman kit out and both improve on the design and manufacture the bettered product. All before lunch.

10. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

11. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Jage, the lowering kit came with new side stand bolts and the plate to alter it correctly, yes I also lowered the forks, the handling is absolutely spot on. When lowering the forks remember to measure the original position and make a note and keep it safe, in case you want to put it back to the original height if you come to sell it on, it doesn't take long to do everything, fortunately the more you fit them the quicker it gets. Even if a person has not done the job before it should take less than an hour all in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Jage, the lowering kit came with new side stand bolts and the plate to alter it correctly, yes I also lowered the forks, the handling is absolutely spot on. When lowering the forks remember to measure the original position and make a note and keep it safe, in case you want to put it back to the original height if you come to sell it on, it doesn't take long to do everything, fortunately the more you fit them the quicker it gets. Even if a person has not done the job before it should take less than an hour all in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)