Seat height

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Liam77uk, May 20, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Liam77uk

Liam77uk New Member

May 20, 2014
    Hi all.. First post, been reading posts and familiarising myself with all things Speed Triple.. My only concern with getting one is the seat height.. I'm only 5.5".. My current bike, a Kawasaki er6n, has a seat height of 805cm, the Speed Triple's seat is 815cm. On the Kawasaki I'm ok, a mix of tip toeing but also half flat footed if I lean the bike over slightly.. What I want to know is what would be the best/cheapest way of reducing the seat height of the Triple.. It's a 2006 by the way.

Many thanks in advance
    Liam :smile:

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Liam

Might be wort having a troll on E Bay as I know they did lower seats as an option for these bikes.

Also you could look at getting (heel risers for your boots) more or less makes your boots higher so easier to ge tyour feet on the ground.

Cheers

Steve

3. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    Hi Liam

I had the same issue with my Speed. i'm 5'8 and was on tip toes but wanted more floor contact so tried the Triumph low seat (20cm less) on a dealer demo but it was like having a flip flop for a saddle. i binned that idea and put a Lust racing lowering link on which is excellent and i have kept the original seat. Do a search for lowering links (not sure if Lust do one for all years??) and see what you find-just remember to drop the forks a bit as well. Don't 'slam' it and have it too low - consider a custom seat modification to the original seat if you need a bit more off. Lastly, the side stand angle will change a bit so the bike may be a little easier to fall over-on my speed with the Lust its not too bad but check your if you make any changes. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo Liam, I'm used to bumming around too...same shortened legs to reduce wind effects heh heh. Have just taken some Hagon shorter than normal shocks off my Bonnie and replaced them with slightly longer ones BUT less than std ones. Apparently shorter shocks ease the load on steering also. The bike handled ok on shorter shocks and I still can get both feet to ground, yer bike is different obviously, but principle is same. As mentioned by Steve dropping the forks might help but be careful, not too much. Did that on my wife's HD and it works fine. I also had hagon make a shorter rear for her Hornet so she could get feet to ground but expensive. So there, clear as mud...:biggrin:

5. Kev

Kev Member

Aug 14, 2014