Thruxton Seat Cowl

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by MattGaydon, Jan 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Hi chaps,

I’ve been on the lookout for a black seat cowl for AGES and at the moment there is a red one on eBay for quite reasonable money...so...my question is...

How would I go about getting it painted black...? Any company recommendations or is it a job I could do even though I’m a simpleton??

Thanks as always!

Matt

2. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Is the seat cowl off your bike the same as mine? If so I’ve not used my red one pretty much since I got the bike so you could have that for far less money then whatever the one on eBay is.

Regarding painting I’d worry about the paint cracking with any slight bend of the cowl if I just painted it, maybe it would have to be sanded first, primed, painted and then have a coating of lacquer or something to protect it. So I’d look at getting it done professionally.

3. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I assume they’re different but I’m not basing this on anything just a guess!!!

But I’ll have a look so thanks!

And yeh that sounds way beyond my capabilities!!!

4. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    I sent a couple parts off to be powder coated to a place called Firefox racing and they were pretty good, I’m not saying they would powder coat the cowl but they may be able to paint it properly for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Yeah just checked the parts catalogue and they’re slightly different.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Thanks for that I’ll check them out!

• Like Like x 1
  7. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Wrapping might be a cheaper alternative too? I've no idea on prices but it might be worth looking into :)

• Like Like x 1