Featured Screw In Rear Tyre

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Old phart phred, Sep 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    The cylinders won't fully inflate your tyre to the correct pressure no matter how many you use. Even if you have "enough" if you're plug doesn't seal 1st time you can still end up stuck at the side of the road. I have one of these airman pumps, plus the plug kits

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airman-T...659916&hash=item51d2e9eefa:g:hzIAAOSwYNRcXbgP

I also have a direct fused lead from my battery (It's actually my optimate lead) rather than use the onboard din socket as if you have a bike with canbus the current draw from the pump can exceed it's rated capacity which can mean that the canbus thinks there's a fault and switches the power off

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tim L

Tim L Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    I have a Stop n Go kit with the mushrooms and a gun to put it in.
    But: when my tyres were2 weeks and about a thousand miles old, I went out with friends for a Sunday run. On the second half of a lap round a roundabout (mate has directional issues!!!) my rear tyre decided to stop being round. The kit lives in the topbox that I use for work and bogging off away far away :worried:. My last bike had enough room for this, waterproofs, tools,4 bottles of beer and some lunch under the seat! The Speed Triple has room for the f**king battery!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Same for the street triple, my new bike came with a backpack.

4. Foxy1

Foxy1 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    And I'll bet the pump was in his boot...... :D:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!
    Subscriber

Nov 14, 2018
    Sutherland, uk
    'kin right! :grinning:

6. capt

capt Senior Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Transmission is an "Action" example The transmission of a virus or disease ! A gearbox is the device through which power is "Transmitted" from one location enabling a variation in speed or power ! It enables torque or speed selection ! Another example your leg transmits the power of the muscles in it to enable you to walk or run - speed or torque. It isn't a "transmission". Transmission is an action !!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    My tyre still holding air or is it Aire. Dry nitrogen is probably better. Do y'all eat popcorn?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Ron Ashurst

Ron Ashurst I came into the world screaming & covered in blood
    Subscriber

A transmission is a machine in a power transmission system, which provides controlled application of the power. Often the term transmission refers simply to the gearbox that uses gears and gear trains to provide speed and torque conversions from a rotating power source to another device.[1][2]

In British English, the term transmission refers to the whole drivetrain, including clutch, gearbox, prop shaft (for rear-wheel drive), differential, and final drive shafts. In American English, however, the term refers more specifically to the gearbox alone, and detailed usage differs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_(mechanics)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ron Ashurst

Subscriber

Helium would make the bike lighter though;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. capt

capt Senior Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Wikipedia isn't always correct :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  11. Ron Ashurst

Subscriber

True, And with all due respect, neither are you and I. So i'll go with Wikipedia. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. garethr

garethr Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2015
    BRISTOL UK
    There are three main reasons.

-- Mr. Webster, who simplified the spelling of words such as "colour" (color) and "traveller" (traveler) when he compiled his dictionary
    -- American English began to diverge from British English several hundred years ago, so the American language often uses the word or spelling (e.g. fall for autumn, "z" in words such as recogniZe) that was once customary in British English, whereas British English has changed
    -- new words created since the Declaration of Independence, e.g. aluminum/aluminium.

"Nucular" (nuclear), however, is just wrong!

13. Ron Ashurst

Subscriber

Not as long as it still goes BOOM!

• Funny Funny x 1