Tiger 800 Screens "again"

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Patchinko, May 11, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    I got a 2015 XRX recently and I'm really enjoying the bike. But the wind noise from the stock screen is, as has been discussed many times I'm sure, a real headache sometimes.

I know wearing earplugs is the sensible option but I'd really like to hear from other 800 riders experience with the standard and after market screens.

Is it true the standard screens on the 2018 onward are really good?

I've fitted a little spoiler add on from weebay and after a bit of experimentation it is quite effective in some conditions but I feel there is room for improvement. 20220429_170012.jpg

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Been there, seen that, done that!! After much experimentation I found that the Madstad was the best answer, yes it is expensive but infinitely adjustable and makes for a quiet ride. When I had my Tiger with the Madstad screen I was able to ride at 70mph with the visor up

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    Thanks for the reply. It seems the Madstad is a Marmite option. Undoubtedly very effective but the appearance is the problem.

I would probably have gone for a Givi Airflow but they don't seem to make one to fit the XRx with adjustable screen for some reason.

The Puig touring looks very smart but I haven't found any positive reports from anyone who has one fitted.

4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    When I had mine I experimented quite a bit. I found it was actually the mirrors that were causing the most noise. Try removing them to see if it helps, if so, a set of bar ends might be the answer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    Thanks. I'll try it, though I don't think bar ends are a viable option.