Scrambler Scrambler Help

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by mpllineman, Sep 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I am looking for a good starting point. While riding my 2006 Scrambler, I noticed it was down on power. It started and warmed up easy enough, but did not rev as high with the choke on full. While riding, It got a boost of power and then I realized that it was running on 1 cylinder. She ran great , for a little while and then died back down.

I rode home and let her cool off. I, then, replaced the spark plugs. One of which was fouled. This was not the problem.

It has only been a month since she ran like a top. She has fresh 93 octane gas and fresh oil. I felt the wires and they seem to be ok, no frays and good connections at the plugs and coils.

I am trying to figure out where to go with this problem, Fuel or Ignition? any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks guys!

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Check the cabling around the headstock, I’ve heard of other bikes having this problem, it’s a start before you get into main electrics which I know nothing about.

3. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I took your advice and made a good inspection around the engine, especially the head. I found nothing out of sorts. I checked the electrics, Pulled plugs and checked for spark. Both had a great spark, so I reinstalled both plugs and the bike has been running great ever since. I hate this kind of problem, the kind you really don't know what you did to fix.

I am just a happy camper now and just have to check it up to a fouled plug!

Thanks for your time and advice.

• Like Like x 2