Scrambler Compression Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by britstanger, Mar 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. britstanger

britstanger New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    London
    Hi Guys

I have a 2.5 year old scrambler 22k miles, 2015 model and have just lost compression on one of the pistons, which is probably going to result in a hefty workshop bill. has anyone had any similar experience with the Bonnie engine?

It might just be a piston ring I guess seems early in its lifetime for the engine to need stripping down?

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Has it had the valve clearances checked?
    Could be one of the valves has lost its clearance and gone tight
    Don’t run it until you’ve checked them otherwise you’ll damage the valve seats....expensive!!!!

3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Hi Britstranger...don't be a stranger and say hello in our New Member section :)

I haven't any experience on the Bonnie engine, or the Scrambler but I am sure someone will be along shortly.

Is it black?
    Either way, photos go a long way to incentivising people to suggest things

Good luck!

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Shit :(
    I forgot to ask what colour it is :confused:
    If it’s BLACK :cool:....you’re ok :)
    Any other colour and you’re on your own :mad:

Only kidding :p
    You can always paint it :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    If you are looking for a diagnosis ‘just lost compression’ is about as vague as it gets.
    Have you done a compression test? Sudden onset, symptoms etc? Is it virgo intacta or have you ditched the air injection system? Piston crown good? Oil leak down past rings tried? Valve clearances and shims checked?

• Agree Agree x 1