Featured Scrambler Scrambler before and after pictures.

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Batey74, Mar 26, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Batey74

Batey74 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    The day I picked it up..
    image.jpg
    3 months later.. image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Sweet looking bike

3. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I'm liking lots of things about this, but a couple of questions. Does it need a steering damper? & why take off all the badges?

My brother had an MZ Baghira a few years back (yam 660 engined street supermoto) he took all the badges off that, as riding an MZ at the time was the equivalent of driving a Skoda. But having a triumph badge on a bike is a bonus!

4. Batey74

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    I don't think it needs a steering damper, but why not.. I took the badges off when I painted the tank, there too big and cheap looking, so I've left them off. You can tell its a triumph, you don't need a badge saying it..

• Like Like x 2
  5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #5 Screwball, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    But what ya need is an exhaust saying...GET OUT OF THE WAY HERE I COME......
    Love it.....

And did you cut the fender down yourself?

6. Batey74

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    The exhaust is proper loud, it sounds too much like a Harley.... Think I'm asking to get pulled.. Yer, I modified all the body work. Don't think it will be too good in the wet though, but I like the look.. Next mod is removing the clocks, and fitting a mini speedo in the headlight. Also some new higher rear sets..

7. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Loving the headlight conversion

8. Batey74

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    image.jpg
    New road tyres fitted, now handles loads better, also new headlight conversion..
    Just ordered some new rear sets too..

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. wombal

wombal Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Derbyshire
    Hi batey 74 nice bike looks cool is that a tail tidy and did you fit it with new rear light and Indies easy or not to d,I,y it cause I thinking of doing something similar to mine but with single seat maybe got loads of stuff to ask but dont won't to go on to much very nice bike though :upyeah:

10. Greeny

Greeny Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Hi, who made your exhaust please?

11. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Not sure about the tyres Batey, it sort of loses the whole scrambler look without them. The bike look very similar to the desert sled video on youtube and same exhaust I think as well.
    Still don't understand why Triumph have built a scrambler with the rear brake caliper that sits on the bottom of the disc, 1st decent sized stone to hit that and you are looking at a very expensive repair bill.

I take it the seat is standard but also like the headlight.
    Hope to make progress on my CB 750 along these lines over the winter as I was going to cafe it but an off road / flat tracker conversion would be more fun and most probably a dam site more comfortable.

thinking along the lines of something like this :wink:

images.jpg

images.jpg