Scrambler Scrambler 900 Luggage Suggestions

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Terry B, Aug 17, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Terry B

Terry B New Member

Aug 6, 2021
    Watford, Herts
    Hi all,

Last week I picked up my nearly new Street Scrambler 900. The bike is fitted with the small rack instead of the small pillion seat. I would like to use the bike for trips to and from work, what are other members using as luggage on their bikes ?.

Regards
    Terry

2. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi, great choice of bike.. I’ve got the Triumph rugged pannier fitted to mine which works well, and lots of capacity… not been caught in really wet conditions so can’t say how waterproof the it is, partic the inner bag roll up and click fastener. On my previous Street Scrambler I had a waxed saddlebag and for a few days away additionally used a tank bag and smaller one for the rack… both Oxford offerings and they worked well. Ive attached a few pics to show what they look like. .p.s. the rugged pannier has a hidden knob that locks it to the bike … I say this as the dealership didn’t know about it and I only found out on this forum. Cheers

6C613BEA-BA4E-4BA2-BE13-FD7565B854A0.jpeg

6494EF67-CF3C-45B3-9BEF-AC5F4F6A8EFF.jpeg

3553C548-D042-4AA2-8E50-D575545CA26D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry B

Terry B New Member

Aug 6, 2021
    Watford, Herts
    Hi Clive,

Many thanks for your reply, it looks as if I might go down your suggested route of using Triumph accessories. One more question does the pannier rack interfere with carrying a passenger ?.

Regards
    Terry

Oh by the way I love your Sandstorm edition, I'm working towards the poor man's version in white !.

4. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi Terry, glad of use, I don’t ever carry a pillion so can’t say yes or no but the pannier doesn’t look as though it would be in the way… it’s more the high level pipes and the tiny rear seat that could cause some concern for a nervous passenger ! .. here’s another pic I’ve just taken which perhaps better shows the pannier in relation to the rear footpegs and where the seat would be if i hadn’t fitted the rack. .. cheers Clive
    72A72434-12F0-463E-9F63-843BA5387F6D.jpeg

5. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    #5 Gyp, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Michael Howers

Michael Howers New Member

Jul 24, 2021
    Sutton
    Triumph Rugged pannier, TEC sports rack, small unbranded magnetic tank-bag (Amazon or E-bay, can't remember which). I use the pillion rack instead of the seat and secure a dry bag to it. Shown here on top of Holme Moss on the way home from Yorkshire last year.

20210624_144603.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Just round the corner from me, that is. Spectacular views from up there. Gets a bit snowy in the winter. :)