Scrambler Scrambler 900 Efi Side Panel Fitment

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by mr_cox, Jun 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mr_cox

mr_cox New Member

May 9, 2019
    The Netherlands
    Hello all,

Again a question.

I bought a scrambler modified to caferacer. As I am a purist I ordered all the original parts to get it back in OEM shape.

Now I got a question about the right side panel. I had to order everything of as it was fully removed. (panel, heat shield, bolts, bracket) and refitted the fuse holder.

It looks great but I am not satisfied by the way it is fitted. I can easily pull it up and remove it. (leaving the rubber grommets on the panel). The lower clamps don’t hold it tight. I think when driving 65 mph it will just catch wind and I will lose the panel.

According the owners handbook you have to pull it out of the rubber grommets and then remove it from the bracket. (as seen on the movie). You van see that the rubber grommets are real loose. How are those secured to your Scramblers? Maybe glued to the frame?

Did I do something wrong when reassembling the bracket maybe? Can you compare my pictures with yours?

Thanks!

items.png

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-19 at 09.44.37.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-19 at 09.44.38.jpeg

2. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    It's been a while since I had mine off, but I don't think my grommets are loosely fitted. I would just use a little glue, or silicone, etc, to remedy that. I'll double check in a bit, when the sun comes up and I can see.

3. mr_cox

mr_cox New Member

May 9, 2019
    The Netherlands
    That would be great!

is it possible to post a picture how it looks under the cover? And maybe a picture how the clips below sits in the bracket when the cover is mounted.

Do you have to aply force to remove the cover?

Thanks!

4. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Sorry for the delay, but I was wrong. My grommets are loose also. When fitted, the panel fits tightly and requires a bit of effort to remove. It will not be affected by the wind when riding.