Scrambler 1200 Xe Front Paddock Stand?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Mark Daws, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark Daws

Mark Daws New Member

May 10, 2019
    UK
    Hello,

I have recently bought Scrambler 1200 XE. My current front paddock stand is not tall/high enough to lift the front wheel off the ground.

Can anyone advise me what I need to get?

Thank you

Mark

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    2 blocks of wood? :joy::joy:

3. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Screenshot_20191210_171713_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Hard to find a front paddock stand for a 21 inch wheel so instead I got one of these which I can use on anybike!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Giles

Giles Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Surrey
    Hi, do you remove the bash plate/sump guard when using this lift so it hits the frame rails?
    i've been thinking of investing...

5. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire

6. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Not actually done it yet, but would remove bash plate first, I imagine. However, the lift I bought comes with solid rubber blocks (4) which I can probably place between the lift and the frame rails to avoid having to remove the bash plate.

Will let you know later when I've had a go.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Giles

Giles Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Surrey
    Cheers!

8. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Now then, I’ve had a go and the bash plate needs to come off as it sits proud of the frame rails (just four fasteners to undo) and two breather hoses attached to the bash plate need unclipping and tucking out of the way.

The lift needs to go under the bike/rails from the right hand side as the side stand is in the way if you approach from the left. Take care not to put the lift arms under the bash plate mount points or they may bend. Now pump away and raise the bike (it helps for balance if you have the bike upright rather than on the side stand. I had mine on a rear paddock stand). Bike now off the ground but as fulcrum is quite small, it could easily overbalance especially if you were to remove e.g. a wheel. Probably good to use a hoist of some sort.

Anyway, the lift works for me as I have other bikes I can use it on, but I wouldn’t rely solely on the lift, depending on what job I was doing and on which bike.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Giles

Giles Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Surrey
    Good info Martin, thanks for taking the time to post!

• Like Like x 1
  10. RIDGE

RIDGE Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Cornwall UK
    FWIW.... I've got the same constand lift, and I lift my 1200xe with the bash plate on, and a piece of timber on the rail towards the back of the engine, to balance up the bike. Doesn't seem to have done any damage, and I can lift both wheels off the ground with ease. Mine seems pretty stable, and you can wheel the whole bike round on it.
    £110.02 on fleebay from Germany in about 3 days.
    I'll send you the link if you would like it.;)

• Like Like x 1