Scrambler Scrambler 1200 Xc In My Future?

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Darrell P Stone, Sep 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Darrell P Stone

Darrell P Stone New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Tennessee
    Hello, everyone. I'm not an owner of an XC......yet. Looking to get one soon, though. I plan on mostly touring, but have yet to find an appropriate windscreen I like. Mostly highway riding, with an occasional dirt road. Riding naked just doesn't work for my 62 year old ears.

Anyone here find a good screen, not the lil' tiny fly screen?

2. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    On the Facebook forums people seem to like the larger Triumph screen, still quite small, one chap loves this below, its a Puig Custom screen clips to handlebars and is easy on/off should you wish to remove. I have the tittchy screen on my XC and its okay, albeit at 90mph I'm fighting the wind.
    Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 11.00.30.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Although I’ve only got the Street Scrambler it’s similar style suggests similar effects from a windscreen. I put a Madstad 20” screen on for exactly the same reason you are thinking and you may find it useful to look at the thread ‘Anyone fitted a Madstad windscreen’ that I started a while back. Basically the screen creates a heck of a lot of noise at anything over 50mph and unwanted turbulence at anything over 25mph so wouldn’t rush out to buy one of those despite the flexibility of the mounting system. Tried it in all its height & rake positions and nothing works for me. Having had the Triumph fly screen and the very slightly higher ‘Touring screen’ (?? why called that I don’t know), the Street Scrambler is best for me with no screen at all up to 65mph, as even the flyscreens bump air onto my chest and up under the collar of a full face helmet. Despite proper moulded ear plugs and a Schuberth C3 pro the wind noise from the big Madstad is quite unbearable for a long fast run so I choose local back roads for my biking where the bike is in its element. If I was wanting to do a lot of fast long distance I’d swap my classic style for another Tiger 800 where the Madstad I fitted to that worked like a dream at very high speeds. Hope this of some use

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1