Scrambler Scrambler 1200 Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Martin Bayliss, Sep 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Anybody come across a tail tidy for the Scrambler 1200 yet? Suspect it may be a while in the making as they haven't exactly flown off the shelves!! Love mine though, and it's not going back!!

Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere else in the forum but I couldn't find it! Old age and all that!!

2. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Yeah, just found TEC!! Could swear blind this was not listed on their website yesterday but let's put that down to old age again!!

3. RIDGE

RIDGE Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Cornwall UK
    Hi.
    Did you find a tail tidy? What is TEC ?
    Are we talking luggage options or shortened mudguards etc?
    As the optional extras for the 1200 luggagewise is pretty non existent, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I've adapted an old tank bag with zip off base, into a tailpack which works quite well. Let me know if you want pics

4. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    #4 Martin Bayliss, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Yeah, got the tail tidy from www.tecbikeparts.co.uk which works really well. Not interested in luggage for this bike although I have a Kriega 10 ltrs tail bag, which I have used IMG_20191002_215713.jpg occasionally.

5. UzziIan

UzziIan New Member

Apr 11, 2020
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Is the TEC tail tidy the only option or are there more out there? TEC one looks great and the fitment video on YouTube is brilliant - I am just not in the UK and postage our here is ridiculous!

6. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Evotech are doing one but it’s not ready yet and it’s in the uk plus it’s about £200, I usually fit Evotech because there good quality but there’s nowt wrong with the tec tail tidy,

• Like Like x 1
  7. RebelHawk

RebelHawk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2020
    SC, USA
    Uzzilan, TEC has a US based distribution as well.

https://www.tecbikepartsusa.com

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 1.50.08 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Timbo007

Timbo007 New Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Cardiff
    Another vote for TEC. Watch the you tube fitting video first.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    #9 Repooh, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    I fitted Tec, they give you two options (1) buy a pre-cut fender support or (2) cut your existing I opted to cut my own, easily done. Tec are in shut down and not shipping right now

• Like Like x 3
  10. UzziIan

UzziIan New Member

Apr 11, 2020
    Thanks - I was planning the same - just need to find a safe way to get it here in S.A.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Hi Martin,
    Do you have a pic showing the whole side profile of bike with tail tidy?
    I have the tail rack on the back and am interested to see how the mod looks when mounted with the rack.
    Mark

12. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Hi Martin,
    Do you have a pic showing the whole side profile of bike with tail tidy?
    I have the tail rack on the back and am interested to see how the mod looks when mounted with the rack.
    Mark

13. UzziIan

UzziIan New Member

Apr 11, 2020
    Should be fine - check out the video ...

14. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Hi Uzzilan ,
    We have different size tail / hand rails to the standard. I wanted to see if the tail tidy was not too short . It looks great with the original hand rail.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rrmdeuce

Rrmdeuce New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    California
    I installed the Tec tail tidy....ez to install, looks great, everything you need including new blinker connectors, don’t throw the connectors away because you’re going to need them. The relocated stock blinkers will melt in the new location.