Featured Scrambler Scrambler 1200 Racks And Panniers

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Canada Rob, Mar 21, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Canada Rob

Canada Rob Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2021
    canada
    Well with the purchase of my new to me scrambler 1200 XE, I needed to do some upfitting to make it trip worthy. We all know there is currently a limited selection of racks/ pannier systems for this machine, mainly due to the high exhaust. Me being the research nerd that I am, this sent me down the rabbit hole of a coffee infused ( my inner petrol) multi morning trip around the inner sanctum of the internet nether world..................... low and behold, i have found my solutions.

After looking at the options out there and multiple discussion with the suppliers of those options, i chose the Akurat rack system out of Costa Rica. After a couple of quality inspiring chats with Ricardo from Akurat, I placed my order. The cost for the product and the shipping was very reasonable and i was impressed with the robustness of the design he came up with. In a few short weeks my racks were here. They were a snap to put on and they do not look obtrusive to the beautiful nostalgic lines of this bike, that is always something i look at when upfitting any of the machines i have modified, does the natural lines of the bike still look good with any
    farkles/ mods.

For the Panniers, I went with something familiar. I had purchased the Tusk aluminum panniers some years ago for a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 project I did. They had proven to be a great and robust pannier and at a very reasonable price as well. I had the medium size on that V-Strom, but this time i opted for the large size, 41 liters of storage per side, hopefully eliminating the need for any top box or rolled duffel on the back for either any of my work trips or the week long pleasure trips I do a couple times a year.

upload_2022-3-21_7-39-38.jpeg upload_2022-3-21_7-39-38.jpeg upload_2022-3-21_7-39-38.jpeg upload_2022-3-21_7-39-38.jpeg
    upload_2022-3-21_7-40-4.jpeg upload_2022-3-21_7-40-4.jpeg upload_2022-3-21_7-40-4.jpeg upload_2022-3-21_7-40-4.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Very nice, @Canada Rob! Your bike looks good and the bags look useful. But I particularly like the dog. :) And I hope that snow is gone by now!

3. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    Looks good.
    Do you keep food warm in the right hand box?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. RIDGE

RIDGE Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Cornwall UK
    How do you keep the front end on the deck?
    I like the tail tidy. Who’s is it?

5. Canada Rob

Nov 16, 2021
    canada
    snow is all gone now, went from snow, no spring and right into full on summer !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Canada Rob

Nov 16, 2021
    canada
    the tail tidy is the tec bike parts one. its a good tail tidy, i ended up redrilling the mounting holes though to move it back. lets just say im a little "thicker" than most riders and i travelled the suspension a great deal when hitting a pot hole and bent it. As well if you put the stock turn signals on it, position the added mounting tab UPWARDS to move turn signals out of the way. i melted my right side one ................

• Like Like x 1