Scrambler Scrambler 1200 Low Seat

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Shaun64, Sep 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Has anyone fitted a triumph low seat to there scrambler 1200? How do you find it regards comfort compared to the standard seat and does the reduction in height affect comfort for your knees?.

2. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I had the standard seat fitted in error by the dealer, changed it for low. To be honest I dont feel its lower, they save the 25mm in height by removing padding so its deffo not as comfy as std. that said its fine I’ve done 1000 mimes over four days 6/7 hours in the saddle and fine, I do have a fat arse mind. Hurley Custom Seats will be able to modify and change padding on your std seat. No difference for knees for me but I’m a shorty

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Can you get your feet flatter to the floor with the lower seat? Cheers.

4. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I've sat on both in a dealer since and can't say it makes much difference to me, I can feel the sides of the low more on my thighs. I've modified my stopping to lean on one side a tad and I mount dismount via the rider pegs, which requires me to consider the surface when stopping. Occasionally I cant right the bike, just don't have enough leg to push it upright, a buddy pushing me helps if I'm on my own I'll walk the bike to a better surface then mount

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    cheers Repooh,thanks for advice I’ll not bother with low seat , we could do with some shorter rear shocks which I am sure someone will bring out, like you I make adjustments in my seating position and we’re I park etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Just had an email from Tec Bike parts and they’ve launched a lowering spring kit for the rear suspension.

https://www.tecbikeparts.com/produc...rambler-1200-xe/suspension-scrambler-1200-xe/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I could deffo do with another inch or so (where have I heard that before) trouble with this mod is you need to be light enough so you don't bugger up rider sag.

I'm a short fatty so already at the max pre-load and still not in the sag zone, so this will make it worse.

Nice mod for short skinny peeps

• Like Like x 1