Scrambler Scrambler ‘13 Exhaust Options

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by GB1989, May 19, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GB1989

GB1989 New Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Oxford
    Hi there, I have a 2013 scrambler looking to get a better noise from the exhaust, I don’t mind the stock look but sounds like a sewing machine. What’s thoughts on bafflectomy, tors or an arrow? Or anything else? I don’t want anything too loud, just a little more grunt than stock and not looking to spend too much, have found arrow on eBay for £400

2. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Have you looked t the TEC Desert exhaust? I've got one on my Scrambler and love it...I run it with the baffle in and it's noisy enough for me!

3. miniman68

miniman68 New Member

Sep 15, 2017
    east yorks
    hello i tried the TEC desert on my 2014 scrambler looked good sounded ace but found it kept coming loose at the join near carb , so swapped for the low level version , fits with a bit of work to silencer-triumph now sell the arrow 2 into 1 for £240, forget e bay, go direct

4. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Yes I've had a similar issue, TEC say to join it with a silicone exhaust seal but mine just blew it out even though I left it to set for 24hrs...I keep meaning to do it again and leave it longer to see if that works better...anyone else got any ideas or recommendations for silicone sealant?

5. miniman68

miniman68 New Member

Sep 15, 2017
    east yorks
    hi there i ended up wrapping it with exhaust heat wrap and using the black hi temp exhaust seal, still moved about as has no support for the join , unlike arrows , the heat shield was too short on the muffler and caused an issue with my pillion , spoke to tec but they could not help so swapped it for a low level one, and beat the silencer to clear rear brake cylinder.

6. maxthedoggy

maxthedoggy New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    shropshire
    Hi Guys, just picking up a standard 2015 scrambler on Friday, first thing to go will be the std exhaust, not sure what to get, not planning to go 'off road' so to speak and I was thinking of a low level exhaust, would something off the street twin fit by chance ?

cheers guys

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul shackleton

Paul shackleton New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Did anyone reply to this?

8. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    I would be very interested in investing in a street scrambler if I could get a low level exhaust. Any recommendations about going this route would be much appreciated.