Sprint Scottoiler

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Fourbears, Nov 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Has anyone fitted the Scottoiler HCR to a Gen 1 Sprint? I'm thinking that I could mount it behind the number plate, using a metal plate, and using a LED bulb to illuminate the plate. Anyone else fitted one?

2. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    There's one on mine (1997 Sprint 900) though I'm not convinced it's working. It's mounted on the side... I'll get a photo for you tomorrow in daylight.

3. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
  4. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    As promised :) (flash on the phone does no favours to any scabby looking bits eh?)

DSC_0287(1).png

DSC_0288(1).png

DSC_0289(1).png

Hope that's some help.

5. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    #5 Johnjo, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    My 1st triumph was a gen 1 sprint. It came with the hcr fitted behind the number plate. It had the dmv, attached to the side of the large reservoir. ( IIRC it was called the dmv, it's the small clear reservoir that governs the flow rate ).

The bike still had the original number plate bulb set up fitted. The hcr moves the number plate back by it's width, about 50 - 60 cms. I was told this could be an mot failure as the number plate wasn't fully illuminated. It never was an issue, the bike passing 2 or 3 mot's during my ownership.

The hcr itself was a great bit of kit. Again, IIRC probably allowed 3 or 4 thousand miles between fill ups.

Edit.

Just remembered. My sprint also came fitted with a rear mudguard extension. Great big chunk of plastic but by God it was effective. Anyhoo, the hcr mounted onto it very nicely as it had a large flat surface.

Hope this helps.

6. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Thanks both! Very helpful. Big Sandy that looks way better than my bike!

• Like Like x 1