Sprint scotoiler ?

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by mark scarrott, May 26, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi guys, picked up my sprint st which has as scotoier on it (excuse spelling).I have never had one of these so not sure how they should work other than lubing the chain. I have oil all over the back wheel and drips coming from by the drive sprocket and bottom of sump. I have turned the feed right down and still getting drips.
    Any suggestions.

Mark

2. trudd

trudd Member

Oct 13, 2014
    If you've turned it right down and you're still getting that much oil out it sounds like it's broken.
    Is it an electronic one (esystem) or a vacuum one (vsystem)? I don't have any experience of the esystem but the vsystem basically has a plunger than is lifted by vacuum (taken from the inlet manifold) which opens the feed outlet. You control how far the plunger moves, and therefore the flow rate, by turning the adjuster. in my experience the adjuster is very sensitive so only move is in very small increments. A drip every 60 seconds seems to work for me.
    Hope this help.

3. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    cheers for that,will have another look .I am taking it back to Stafford Triumph on Saturday while its under warranty but I feel a bit daft not being able to sort something that looks so simple yet the mess on the bike aaarghh :mad: