Scorpion High Level Exhaust- Opinions?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by GuySal, Nov 24, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GuySal

GuySal Member

Sep 15, 2021
    Derbyshire, UK
    I've seen a set for sale locally so wanted to ask the forum if anyone else runs them?

I've the arrows with no baffles at present. The bike does pop etc but if I'm being honest I'd like a set of louder pipes!

Are they a straight swap or will I need to remap etc?

Any advice appreciated thanks

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    The Scorpion exhausts are a lot louder than the Arrow ones with the baffles removed, I bought a new Scorpion for my STRS as I just fancied a change, I also have a Yoshimura and Arrow, however the Scorpion sleeve came apart after 2 weeks of use (phot attached), however Scorpion were excellent and sent a replacement straightaway, I have put the Yoshimura back on for now though. It depends on the year of your machine; earlier ones need a re map later ones do not, the ECU readjusts itself. The Scorpion does tend to pop a little on the overrun, they are well made, and in the UK. The main issue you may have is attracting unwanted attention as the Scorpion less the baffle is loud, and times that by 2 and you get my drift.

3. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I have a Scorpion Red Power fitted to my Street Triple. I had the baffle in until recently and removed it out of curiosity. It is pretty loud with the baffle in and obviously louder still with it out but I have left it out for now, I like it. It adds a nice deeper tone at idle and I also like the pops on the overrun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GuySal

GuySal Member

Sep 15, 2021
    Derbyshire, UK
    Thanks all for the help

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Interesting especially as I've just order myself one for the 765 after seeing yours :blush:

It might be interesting to get a person behind you opinion as my mate had Arrow cans on with no baffle and at a steady 5k rpm it did my head in; faster or slower were good but not at the usual traffic flow rpm.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    @Helmut Visor committed to saying in reply to me asking for his opinion just now "yeah seems fine to me - you're asking someone who sounds like a twin rifle shot when he backs off the throttle and with twin un baffled Akropovics on the other bike" :laughing:. Work do say they can hear me for a while before seeing me enter the car park.....

Hope you like yours; I do think they look great too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    This picture below is the Scorpion Red Power that had the sleeve come apart, however Scorpion did respond super quick and replaced it straight away, although you have to post it back to them. The Yoshimura is now back on, though the Yoshi is a lot more expensive at £750, the Scorpion link pipe does look fantastic when on the bike though.

thumbnail_IMG_0950.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1384.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    + 6 hp and minus a few kilos, what's not to like although your experience is noted @Iceman ?
    The Scorpion was on a black Friday special at £399 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Very nice bargain!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1