765 Scorpion Can On 2020 Rs

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Richard Cheek, Feb 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard Cheek

Richard Cheek Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Hi all. I have just put a deposit down for a matt black spanko new Street Triple RS and have ordered Scorpion red power end can with ceramic black finish (https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/m...021-red-power-slip-on-red-power-black-ceramic) as I like how the matt black matches the paint. I did have a search around before posting on here but had no joy; has anyone had any experience with these cans? I assume no remap required? I was told by the dealer that the end can alone won't affect the warranty but a remap will. Only after the exhaust for noise, not performance gains to be honest. Thanks

PTR89BCER_SIDE-1200x800.jpg

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    #2 Iceman, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Hi Richard, the Street Triple 765rs completes an automatic re map, your dealer should have talked you through it. What they have told you about a re map sounds to me like they are referring to a third party doing an ECU re map. For your peace of mind ring Jack Lilly very helpful and they can confirm and set your mind at rest. The Yoshimura Alpha Exhaust is fantastic, I have tried a lot of different makes over the years, but the Yoshimura is lighter, fits easy, half an hour to remove the original and put the new one one, it's also significantly lighter than almost all of the competition. However take out the removable baffle and you will need ear plugs. I have fitted one to both a 2019 and 2020 Street Triple 765rs. Follow the link below for a free copy of the workshop manual
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj51l9e9mnbs8q0/SERVICE MANUAL -2018 Street Triple RS.pdf?dl=0

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Speedy Pete

Speedy Pete Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Kent
    Hi Richard, I have twin red power cans on Speed triple SE 1050 and the fit and finish is first class.
    Sound wise they are loud but not offensive without the removable baffles, and with gentle throttle action you can creep past your local PC without notice.
    However when you want to get a move on they will bark and pop rally car style on the over run... Big grins, and people know that you are there

• Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Thanks both for the reply. Sounds like they meant don't do a remap with external software which I wasn't planning to do.

I liked the look of the yoshi can but I am sad and wanted something that performed well and also looked good and I am not so keen on the red in the logo! The Scorpion is just plain black and silver, apart from a thin red ring at the end of it so decided on that one

Baffles will definitely be removed...........I definitely want the extra glorious noise!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Richard I Think you have chosen wisely, your bike looks great as does the exhaust. Bet it sounds great on both the upshift and downshift. you will have to post a video on the forum of the sound. Hope you enjoy your new bike.

6. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Only 6 more sleeps to go until I pick up the new beast. Not that I'm excited! The dealer rang yesterday to say all the extras are fitted and the scorpion can looks and sounds fantastic. Damn this waiting! I'm sure you're all fascinated to know I went for the scorpion can, the bluetooth module, clear LED rear lights, scrolling indicators, tail tidy, frame protectors, evotech blanking plates for when I remove the rear pegs and the coated fly screen. Should look the hounds goolies. Also put on silver wheel rim tape but I might remove that depending on how it looks when I collect.

7. Speedy Pete

Feb 1, 2019
    Kent
    I feel your excitement :) I guess your collecting from Laguna Maidstone or Ashford.
    Your list of accessories is like reading the menu in your favorite restaurant and saying I will have one of each ;)

Look forward to seeing some photo's.

8. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Yeah Laguna Maidstone. I did pretty much go down the list and say "I want that, that, that, that and oh, that!" May as well go all in and do it right from day one!

9. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Richard, can you let me know how you get on with the scrolling indicators, my dealer advised me not to fit them as some had failed, they give another level of safety in my mind from idiotic drivers.

10. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Picked her up. What can I say other than wow! Love it. I had to put the baffle back in as the scorpion can was outrageously loud without it!

DSC_1513.JPG

_20210301_163914.JPG

_20210301_164233.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
  12. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Removed the tape already.....it was such poor quality crap! Already peeling off by the time I got home so it had to go

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Well, at least it's a bit lighter!

14. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    The early models had hand painted lines on the wheel rims, I will have a closer look at my 20 model, mine still look to be hand painted. A few years back I was at the factory and watched some wheels being hand painted, ironically by the same guy who did it whist at Triumph in the 70s, I had a very interesting conversation with him. It took me back in time when I was a young apprentice.

15. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Yeah I thought they were hand painted at Triumph. Quite a skill. They had three matt black Speed Triple RS' in the showroom which have the yellow painted rims. I'd love them on the street but apparently they're only available on the Speed RS.

16. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Richard, mine are hand painted red on my 2020 Street Triple rs

17. Speedy Pete

Feb 1, 2019
    Kent
    Hi Richard, the pictures look great, shame about the rim tape.
    Were you out on Saturday near the Three chimneys PH Biddenden as I passed a similar bike going the opposite way, and wondered if it was you ?

18. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    No that wasn't me. I headed ho e to Wateringbury from Maidstone!

19. Speedy Pete

Feb 1, 2019
    Kent
    Ah, obviously another rider with a good taste in motorcycles
    Hopefully it won't be too long before we can make legal unnecessary journeys.
    I expect that you are desperate to get it run in now.

20. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Just a bit. First opportunity I get, I'm out all day for a 300 mile ride! Want to get it run asap to fully release the horses

• Like Like x 1