Schuberth C3 Pro From Xlmoto ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by BoredFish, Mar 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BoredFish

BoredFish Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Italian in Ireland
    I am shopping for a Schuberth C3 (Pro) helmet, which these guys at xlmoto.co.uk offer at only £262. I tend not to buy from companies new to me, but, for example sportsbikeshop have the same at £374, so a very substantial difference (quite hard to believe...? since sportsbikeshop price match - except xlmoto is not in the UK so not suitable).

I have read some (admittedly not recent) reviews about xlmoto and not all of them are positive. Do you have any experience with them, what would you do?

Alternatively (for those of you who have this helmet) do you think the (even) older model i.e. Schuberth C3 basic would be a safer/cheaper alternative (currently £260 from Amazon UK). The specs are very similar but shelf life must be over eight years....

2. BoredFish

BoredFish Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Italian in Ireland
    Thanks for the link littleade. Their price is in line with other major sellers (£430 for the C3 Pro white), so another reason to find the £262 xlmoto price for the same model quite unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    I have had dealings with XLmoto before and not had a problem, but I have never had to return anything to them so cannot comment about their return policy. The old saying keeps coming back, 'if it seems too good to be true then it probably is'

I would be reluctant to go for a Schuberth C3 just on the basis of it's age, as you say it must be at least 8 years old, It is also not as good as the C3 pro.

Just looked at the Helmet City website they have C3 pro helmets at £299 and a flouro yellow one at £274, I know where I would go!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. johnboy51

johnboy51 Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Rugby, UK
    Thanks Boredfish for the heads up.
    I almost bought a C3 Pro at the NEC last year for £280 and have been kicking myself ever since.
    So your shout is even better.
    I've been and bought one so I will report back on my experience.
    Cheers Johnboy

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoredFish

BoredFish Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Italian in Ireland
    Please do (report back) because I have decided not to buy from them (gut feeling, despite the mostly positive trustpilot reviews re:xlmoto), so I can kick myself too :)
    These Schuberth helmets must be 'hot' because I've seldom seen such a variance in online prices for a motorcycle product.

6. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    I ordered a C4 pro last year @xlmoto. Due to the fact it wasn’t on stock, website mentioned 4-5 working days delivery. After 8 days still nothing, I cancelled my order and received my money back within couple a days.

now, about difference between C3 and C3 pro I dont know, but with C4, please be aware that the basic isn’t fitted with speakers and mic for satnav, phone or intercom. That’s why it’s cheaper than the C4 pro who IS equipped with this.

7. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I bought a Shoei Ex-Zero from these guys saving over 50%, took a week to arrive, no issues, they are a massive company with a whole bunch of brands. Returns are a bit if a faff

• Like Like x 1
  8. BoredFish

BoredFish Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Italian in Ireland
    I went ahead and - instead of xlmoto's C3 Pro in gloss white at £262 - ordered the 'gravity-red' (colour now discontinued!) from helmetcity at £299 (free shipping everywhere). For £38 more I think it's still a hi-visibility and better looking (never a fan of full white helmets anyway) and helmetcity have a far better reputation. Courtesy of the covid-19 lockdown it will look terrific on the living room table :laughing:

After hours of research, at the moment (except for xl-is it in stock or not-moto) £299 for a C3 Pro is the lowest possible price available in Europe/UK.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    They normally sell cheaper when the colourway is being replaced, so you can get good deals but they may not have all sizes in the older ones.

10. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham

11. BoredFish

BoredFish Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Italian in Ireland
    Just wanted to say that I have received my C3 Pro 'gravity red' and it's a work of beauty and functionality. Done 3-4 rides already and the difference in comfort with my crappy Bell 500 open face is unbelievable. Only problem (slightly expected) the wind noise with my Triumph long haul windscreen is intolerable, like having my head in a turbine. Not a matter that can be solved with ear plugs. Without the windscreen it is total silence indeed, just the bike. So now on top of the already expensive helmet I will probably have to endure the purchase of a series of different flyscreens until I find the one that works. Riding above 80km/h without some sort of wind protection for me is impossible, my back is already complaining.