Scala Cardo Q1 Teamset - Initial impressions.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by MrOrange, Mar 20, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Got a chance for a short ride yesterday with my new BT headset, and have to say I am impressed.

Had a go at listening to music from my phone, which has automatic speed adjustment, and that worked brilliantly, not really loud, but then my hearing ain't the best, but still able to hear lyrics clearly, all the way up to 85+.

The radio also worked brilliantly, only problem is reception in D&G is pathetic, so to get anything was quite impressive. Managed to listen to radio ! for about 30 seconds till I remember it was shite, and I went back to Iggy Pop (Passenger).

Managed to make a couple of calls to the wife, using the hotkey function, easily hold a conversation at 60mph, she did have to speak up a little, but not shouting, again, my hearing not the best, so it performed well.

Took a bit of a faff to pair with my satnav and will need to practise this sat in the garage, but it was the first time I had tried. Instructions came thru clearly, and unit switched back to radio or music once instruction were done, bit of a delay, but not bad. I also had to switch off the speed warning beeps from the unit, as every car pass was matched with music cut and three beeps to tell me I was over the limit, that's off and so are button noise from the satnav, again turns of music and 3 second delay for return.

Missus wasn't with me, so intercom is so far untested, but hopefully dry next weekend and we can get out for a wee run.

Only downsides are there are only four button, so have to use sequences, which is difficult to remember, but I sure after a few hours use, it will be second nature.

I also find the app on the mobile phone is crap, won't connect to my phone, even tho' they are communicating to switch music on, make calls etc. It did work once, but having difficulty making it connect again. You don't need the app, but useful to set up hotkey dial and things.

• Like Like x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    My q3 took a bit to get used to, button wise, intercom works well with passenger, used it with me missus, when I could get a word in!! Haven't used it bike to bike yet, no mates!!:(

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

@crispey Aaaaaawh, I'll be your friend ;):D Even tho' Q1 is supposed to be pillion communication, supposedly you can talk to any other Scala unit ???? Will have to try at Kielder.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I did not think so either, but according to the destructions it can click to link!
    Will have to try.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

DSC_0945.jpg
    ???????

• Like Like x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Indeed!

7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Also had Q3 for some years now, works fine bike to bike with SWMBO on her Street3. If we're in sight of each other then we can talk, doesn't work so well if there's a few bends/hedgebanks between us. But also link them to our mobile phones and set up for speed dial if needed when out of range.........
    .......Which proved invaluable when SWMBO got left marking a turn for ages on last years GMU and some burk cocked the 2nd man drop off. :rolleyes::D
    Also got mine linked to the Garmin660, instructions from the "bird in the box" overrides SWMBO's attempts to talk to me, which is always good to wind her up :). (She gets beeps to say i'm "busy")

• Like Like x 2