765 Sc1-r Euro5

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Saturnutz, Nov 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Saturnutz

Saturnutz New Member

Oct 28, 2020
    Netherlands
    Hello,

Does anyone has experience with the SC Project SC1-R exhaust for the Street Triple?

Looks like you can't take out the DB killer, because it seems to be welded in.. or am I wrong?

2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    It does have a decibel killer fitted that can be removed, I looked at fitting one to my 2020 Street Triple RS, in the end I went for a Yoshimura Alpha, it sounds fantastic, with the "baffle" removed its loud even with ear plugs in. I have posted a picture of one fitted to mine.

IMG_0849.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Saturnutz

Saturnutz New Member

Oct 28, 2020
    Netherlands
    yeah looked into the yoshimura aswell, but that exhaust isn’t street legal here in Europe.

and how are you able to remove the db killer on the sc1-r? Thought it was welded in cuz of euro5 norm

5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    #5 Iceman, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    If the Yoshimura Exhaust is not legal in the Netherlands then the removal of the baffle in the SC Exhaust would also make it illegal to use (and may well invalidate your insurance if you don't inform them you removed the SC baffle). The Yoshimura however is legal to buy and fit in Europe, I have no knowledge of the specific legislation in your country that prohibits you from buying and fitting the Yoshimura Exhaust so can't comment I'm afraid. When I purchased my Yoshimura Exhaust the UK was still in Europe, I have fitted the same Yoshimura Exhaust to several of my motorcycles, I just obtained new link pipes for the machine I was fitting it to, the photo is of my 2019'STRS I traded it in for a new 2020 model, the fitting of the Yoshimura Exhaust does not require decatting the machine. We are lucky in the UK we have highly regarded engineering companies who make some really exciting motorcycle Exhausts, a few of them also race on the roads (TT etc) so they have a good testing ground for the products. Hope this helps and ride safe

IMG_0753.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Saturnutz

Saturnutz New Member

Oct 28, 2020
    Netherlands
    yeah that’s true.. i thought the yoshimura exhaust didn’t have a European Commission certificate so wouldn’t be allowed to use in countries like Germany.
    The exhaust looks great tho, was it much louder then the stock exhaust?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    #7 Iceman, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Hi Sarurnutz, the Yoshimura is significantly louder than the standard Exhaust with the baffle in, taking the baffle out and it's pretty loud, it sounds amasing from 7K revs onwards, it also has a really deep sound on the autoblipper, I've tried lots of different aftermarket exhausts over the years and the Yoshimura seems to really suit the RS. I have chatted to a fair few German riders at the TT over the years and a fair few have had loud aftermarket exhausts on their machines. Ride safe all.

• Like Like x 2